• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie leg injury

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
I saw my bird's leg is injured. I just saw her leg got injured while I keeping her back to the cage. I'm so worried about her health, it is night for us, and i can't find any vet right now, can anybody confirm me that what's going with her?

Attachments

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
@Mizzely @Zara @Pixiebeak @Xoetix might be able to help more. Please remember none of the us are vets.
Thankyou for the reply, Ya i know, none of you are vets, but it would be helpful for me if anyone of you give me a suitable suggestion. I have taken an appointment of a vet tomorrow 4Pm, I'm worried about how to take care of her these hours.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
At least she's holding her toes open so maybe just bruised or sprained it. That said it's good you're taking her to the vet. She will likely need some pain relief at least.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
At least she's holding her toes open so maybe just bruised or sprained it. That said it's good you're taking her to the vet. She will likely need some pain relief at least.
Sure, i will do that, thankyou..

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m glad you got to the vet. Hopefully you will see an improvement after following their treatment plan.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I saw my bird's leg is injured. I just saw her leg got injured while I keeping her back to the cage. I'm so worried about her health, it is night for us, and i can't find any vet right now, can anybody confirm me that what's going with her?
The way she’s holding it, definitely means that she’s in some sort of pain. Obviously a vet who can hopefully do an x-ray would be ideal, but until then keeping her confined is probably the best option. Do you have a small travel carrier or something where there is a limited amount of space in the event that she loses her footing and falls? Is she doing OK otherwise, as far as eating and drinking? Is she lethargic at all?

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
The way she’s holding it, definitely means that she’s in some sort of pain. Obviously a vet who can hopefully do an x-ray would be ideal, but until then keeping her confined is probably the best option. Do you have a small travel carrier or something where there is a limited amount of space in the event that she loses her footing and falls? Is she doing OK otherwise, as far as eating and drinking? Is she lethargic at all?
I don't have a travel carrier but i placed her in a small cage separately, but today morning I have to put her mate in the same cage, or else she's hanging on bars and seeing her mate continuesly, and falling down from distance. Veterinary told that xray is not required, but I think i must take her to another vet, there's no improvement in her, she's eating good but i can't see improvement in her swelling.. i thinking about her, it would be more stressful for her.

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
I don't have a travel carrier but i placed her in a small cage separately, but today morning I have to put her mate in the same cage, or else she's hanging on bars and seeing her mate continuesly, and falling down from distance. Veterinary told that xray is not required, but I think i must take her to another vet, there's no improvement in her, she's eating good but i can't see improvement in her swelling.. i thinking about her, it would be more stressful for her.
Whats the reason the vet thinks an x ray isnt required? Did they have an idea what could be causing the pain??

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
Whats the reason the vet thinks an x ray isnt required? Did they have an idea what could be causing the pain??
She said that, xray may gives more pain to her, and she asked me to come after 3days, If it is required she will do it after 3days..

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
She said that, xray may gives more pain to her, and she asked me to come after 3days, If it is required she will do it after 3days..
Where are you located?