• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Budgie issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cassie
Just for some closure,

the little guy lost his fight, it makes me so mad! a trip to the vet could have saved him all of that suffering:mad: She called me last night and I lost my temper with her, something I rarely do, she told me he was shaking uncontrollably then went very still.

She said she called the pet shop and they were going to replace him but I told her not to, that she should toss the rope and soft toys and sterilize everything else including the cage or the next bird may have the same fate....and that if it is the same source it may have the same fate any way. I told her that if she cleaned the cage etc. that we could go to a breeder friend and get another bird that I know will be in good health but I don't know what I am talking about! the toys cost money and she wouldn't just throw them away:confused:! So I told her I am not going to watch her kill another bird, and when she got serious about having a bird as a long term pet she should call me!

She didn't like it but it had to be said! I may have lost a friend but I couldn't bare to see another little bird suffer because of an idiot owner.

HollyT

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Holly
Oh I'm so sorry. What a sad situation. Unfortunately, the budgies from petstores tend to be infected with yeast a lot of the time. They just don't get the proper care between the bad breeding and pet store situation. Years ago when i first started out i purchased two budgies from a pet store. Tucker is still with me today 10 years later, but his cage mate only lived to be 3. She died of a gastric yeast infection. It was my first experience with this common and curable health issue. I learned the hard way what hell most pet store budgies go through.

I am sorry your friend has not valued your opinion as an experienced bird person and as a friend. Whats meant to be will be, whether we like it or not.

:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am so sorry.:(

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
RIP, little budgie. At least your suffering is over.

I couldn't be friends with someone like that, either.

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Good on you for standing up for what is right! It's not easy to tell someone exactly what needs to be said, but hopefully she gets her head out of the sand. :hug8:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This is tragic. Antibiotics or antifungals could have saved his life. I was just going to post that the bird will die if not treated until I saw your post.

You were right on. How selfish of her to buy another bird after she essentially killed (and allowed to suffer) her first bird. If she is not willing to get medical treatment for her bird, she should not own one.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Sleep well little one and know your life may not have been in vain. Fly high and free and hope you realise there are people who care truely in this world but they are getting fewer and further apart as time goes on.:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
rest in peace little one, rest in peace and good for you that you said your peace :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm very sorry.

I have friends and family members also who don't want to spend money on vets. They call me because I'm "the animal person". But, obviously I'm not a vet, and often they are having situations that require a vet ASAP like an intestinal blockage in a cat. And sometimes they get upset when I tell them they need to go to the vet now!

Status
Not open for further replies.