• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Budgie is throwing up

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awww, glad all is going well. Sending positive thoughts your way!! :)

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Ugh, the only avian vet in town was completely booked all day today. I called and checked multiple times. If he can’t get me in tomorrow I may try the vet that’s a few hours away from me. Raijū is thankfully still doing great though

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Update: Raijū came back completely clear (my regular avian vet saw him this time, first time he was checked it was by an avian vet with less experience). Crop looks good and so does his fecal tests.

The vet thinks he choked because he gorges himself when he eats and eats super fast. Doesn’t that mean Raijū was starved at some point? When I brought him home I was able to feel his keel bone very prominently, so I think he might’ve been a little underfed.

Is there a way to stop his gorging? I don’t want to make him feel even more starved. Will he just stop eventually on his own, when he learns he won’t starve here?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Yes you can get one of those special feeding dishes that slow dow eating with a kind of maze inside the dish. Get one made for cats. They are called slow bowls. You would put it on the floor. Or you could do a DIY puzzle/maze bowl. Be creative.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Yes you can get one of those special feeding dishes that slow dow eating with a kind of maze inside the dish. Get one made for cats. They are called slow bowls. You would put it on the floor. Or you could do a DIY puzzle/maze bowl. Be creative.
Wow I didn’t know budgies and small parrots could do this!

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
How do you create one?