• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie humping toy

AmberC

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amber
Sammy, my male 3yr old Budgie who lives with a female Budgie, is humping his toy. He does not have any mirrors or anything and it’s just a simple wooden toy that he seems to like a little to much(he humps it), he also talks to the toy and will attack anyone who goes near it. I kinda feel worried.

Last edited:

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Maybe you should distract him or bring him away from the toy and take it out without him noticing, please let someone aprove my suggestion before you try it

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So you have two options - remove it or leave it.

Mybluebird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anne
You should remove it. Although its "normal" it is not encouraging him to form normal bonds with you or his birdie companion. Wait until he comes out to fly around and then remove it. At the same time move around other objects in his cage.

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
I agree that you should remove it. If you are becoming concerned and feel that he is becoming too obsessed with it then it is best to remove it or replace it with something new. Even if it is normal behavior (I've seen my bird hump pillows before) it is not best to encourage it, especially if he's becoming possessive of the toy. Do whatever you feel is right for your bird.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If you remove it chances are he'll just find something else to focus his attention on. Remove the bell though.