• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie had quite the bonk

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Phoenix was dashing away from Raiju, Raiju tends to chase him all around the room, and Phoenix hit the wall. It wasn't a super big bonk, but when he landed on a perch he started shaking his head like crazy. It looked like he had something in his eye, he was shutting one of them while shaking his head and itching it. I think he might have bonked his eye, or maybe the bonk was completely unrelated and he got something in his eye while flying

After he stopped doing that, he was acting completely normal and still is. Should I still do anything for him? He is flying fine and everything, that head-shaking thing just spooked me

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yikes, they are great at giving us heart attacks. They get hurt in the cage & out of the cage.
Hopefully he is OK but
He still needs to be watched. He could have hurt his head. Its good he is acting fine now but things like head trauma sometimes
don't show right away.

I'd put him in his cage to rest so he does not exert himself. No more flying tonight..

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Yikes, they are great at giving us heart attacks. They get hurt in the cage & out of the cage.
Hopefully he is OK but
He still needs to be watched. He could have hurt his head. Its good he is acting fine now but things like head trauma sometimes
don't show right away.

I'd put him in his cage to rest so he does not exert himself. No more flying tonight..
He just went into his cage for bed about 15 minutes ago, I’ll check on him in a couple of hours :heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How´s he doing?