• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie gasping?

Bunchobird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mali
Help! is Bluberry gasping for air? sour crop? or jsut adjusting her crop? I can have my mom take her to the vet if this is serious!

ignore Mr. Squiggles trying to steal the show.. then the fight (lol)

Bunchobird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mali
Also to note, She was doing the thing with her mouth constantly for about 10 minutes. I went to grab my phone and it was slowing down. she acts normal but i want to know if its ok? I also thought, maybe seziure? (humans can have seziures that look like staring so idk)

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I see crop adjustment . Some adjustment is normal. Doing it a lot can indicate irritated crop due to possible infection or something.
I can't really say from video.
I personally don't see indication of seizures.

I can say once I had budgie doing a lot of crop adjustment all day long and would use a foot to scratch neck at crop area. I caught him shined flashlight in and could see redness and inflammation at bsck of throat he did up being sick with Chlamydia . But he also developed sneezing before I realized this.