• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie food today!

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
IMG_20201202_132847_hdr.jpg IMG_20201202_132903_hdr.jpg
Harrison's, spinach, mini bell peppers, shredded carrots, white millet, golden millet in crumbles.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Did the little ones like it? :)

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
I don't usually mix their pellets in with the vegetables since I throw the veggies out after about 1-2 hours. Otherwise looks great! :tup:

Guava123

Walking the driveway
You should make a vegetable chop with legumes and sprouts.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Mine are drooling at the pictures... they need their spinach, but Mommy hasn't bought it lately, only other veggies.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I started my boys on the veggies first. It seemed easier and they took to the veggies a bit quicker. Then I powdered the pellets and mixed them with the veggies to get them used to the taste before offering the pellets. Well, anyway, that's what worked for me and for them!

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
Seems great! Hope the budgies enjoy it. :)

Guava123

Walking the driveway
BirdTricks has a cookbook filled with nutritional guides, recipes, holiday recipes, and the daily diet they give their birds.
Natural Feeding System (Digital Download) (They also have a physical cookbook, but it costs 80 bucks)
There's a brand of Tops pellets that you should check out.
And do you have a scale? A gram scale is pretty important for weighing a bird after it's had it's morning poop but before breakfast and write it down in a chart. If it's lost ten percent of it's weight over a month, vet time. I've been looking for an accurate kitchen scale because the Zieis bird scale, which is actually a kitchen scale, costs like 65 bucks.
So the best thing I've heard is look online, find a five star review, read the reviews and then buy it and take it to the vet and see if the weight is the same. If not, each one is like twenty bucks, you could just buy another one.