• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie doesn’t come out of new cage

budgie2021

Sprinting down the street
I’ve had my budgie for two years now, he’s been with us since he was 7 weeks old and is super bonded to us. I recently bought him a new flight cage which I’m glad he loves but now I’m getting worried he loves it a little too much, as he doesn’t want to come out now, which isn’t normal behavior for him. Is there something I should do in particular or let him be?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That´s great he enjoys his cage. Though time out of it is important too (mainly to have a good flight). Try enticing him out with his fave foods or toys, see if he comes out to play or snack :)

budgie2021

Sprinting down the street
That´s great he enjoys his cage. Though time out of it is important too (mainly to have a good flight). Try enticing him out with his fave foods or toys, see if he comes out to play or snack :)
Thank you!

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Millit should pull him out. Good thing he likes it though, maybe you should do some training so remembers how fun it is out of the cage too?

Chelly

Moving in
Real Name
Missy
I have the same dilemma with Buddy. He is 5 months old and molting. He loves, absolutely loves, his cage. I've made it so inviting for him so he will feel safe and comfortable. He hasn't come out for a week and when he did come out, he just went and sat under a table or something. He flew right back inside after a short time. He is great at keeping himself entertained with his toys and chewy's when i'm not around to play with him and try to coax him out of his cage.

donutweall

Walking the driveway
You all should post pictures of your setups! Clearly you must have budgie decor down :hehe:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Millet is irresistible to most budgies. I'd never force them to come out though.