• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Budgie browning feathers

alishayas

Moving in
Real Name
alisha
I have a budgie and he’s going pretty strong, he had a vet check earlier this year and she said he’s healthy. Even then he had this browning on his feathers but i forgot to mention it. Kiwi has this browning on his feathers i’m not quite sure what it is and i cant seem to find it on the internet. He seems pretty active its just he’s mouth breathing a lot which may be a cause for concern because they weren’t there before

maybe it’s dirt but some places say it’s a mineral deficiency? or maybe it’s just discolouration because of old age. I have tried examining it but i cant seem to pinpoint if the brown is part of the feathers or something completely different.
can smn pls help me

Attachments

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
I have a blue budgie that chews off the tips of his feathers making them look somewhat dirty. Your budgie could be doing that maybe.

ignore the dirty perch but here is what it looks like on my budgie.
9A0B6FDA-8EBB-4FA0-9253-FCA95A61C5C8.jpeg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
When did he last moult those feathers? How's his butt?
It does look like staining, or it could be damage (wear and tear).

alishayas

Moving in
Real Name
alisha
When did he last moult those feathers? How's his butt?
It does look like staining, or it could be damage (wear and tear).
He moulted a few months ago and you can still see new feathers coming in. It was originally on his butt then it kind of spread to his stomach. It look like the edges of his feathers have been “burnt” almost like they’re rotting at the edges.

alishayas

Moving in
Real Name
alisha
I have a blue budgie that chews off the tips of his feathers making them look somewhat dirty. Your budgie could be doing that maybe.

ignore the dirty perch but here is what it looks like on my budgie.
View attachment 407559
yeah it looks similar to this but it travels further up his feathers and the colour is brownish

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
Can you send these photos for your vet to review? You've been recently for a wellness exam so hopefully they'd be OK to take a look.