• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Budgie breathing fast and puffed up

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
Hello, I have budgie which has fast breathing, not difficult, and he is puffed up most of the day, I don’t know if it is because I open the window for 4 hours or is it because he’s sick. I open the window just for him to get plenty of fresh air. And once I see him puffed up then I cover his cage with a blanket, I check on him every 30 minutes of so, and I can tell you that he’s puffed about 2-3 hours each day, and he’s just a little puffed up not that much. And I went to the vet because of his fast breathing almost 5 times to check and get new medicine, and this is his third type of medicine. And I don’t know what should I do and if he is going to be okay, and by the way he tailbobs but like only a millimeter to a 1/2 a centimeter thank you for reading this. 89F042C2-8C61-442E-A66A-C350AFDAA97D.jpeg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good idea to contact the vet regarding your continuing concern and the issue.
Don't keep checking up on him so much. Let him rest.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What is the room temperature and what is the temperature outside when you open the window? How far away is your bird from the open window?

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
What is the room temperature and what is the temperature outside when you open the window? How far away is your bird from the open window?
Hes one room away basically on the other side. I dont know what the exact temperature inside but it was 68° to 70 degrees. but it was very windy! I covered his cage with a blanket to warm him :)

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
Good idea to contact the vet regarding your continuing concern and the issue.
Don't keep checking up on him so much. Let him rest.
I contacted the vet and they told me that if the room if chilly to you, then it is chillier to the budgie!

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
I got a question my budgie has a bump under his neck and its textured, sometimes its big and sometimes i cant feel it. I wonder that is, please respond :p . I read online since baby budgies or featherless budiges have a yellowish bump below their neck and im wondering if its normal? And if it is what is it? I heard its where their food it stored? my budgie is 4 years old and im not sure if hes supposed to have it or not

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I got a question my budgie has a bump under his neck and its textured, sometimes its big and sometimes i cant feel it. I wonder that is, please respond :p . I read online since baby budgies or featherless budiges have a yellowish bump below their neck and im wondering if its normal? And if it is what is it? I heard its where their food it stored? my budgie is 4 years old and im not sure if hes supposed to have it or not
It sounds like your birds crop.