• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Budgie Boys - Post travel

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It has been quite an unusual time for all three birds lately. They spent two days in a car going to the family farm, spent 6 weeks in an unfamiliar place (although they enjoyed the sun room), spent two days in a car on the way home, then spent the first 3 days home in warmer than usual temps with one full day spent on the screened back porch with me in the 95 degree heat being misted and surrounded by fans while the HVAC was replaced.

I have some concerns that the budgies have not come out of this well. Especially Jelly Bean. I have to weigh everyone today, but I think Jelly will show a weight loss.

Here are their “poop spots” below their perches last night. Jelly’s is often less than Juju’s, but not this much. Jelly on the right. 50CA23E7-5CD6-4C02-BC5C-A2B73FBECA68.jpeg

And while Jelly’s crop has always seemed bigger than Juju’s, this is the comparison now.
4B8F2C4B-FE28-48A3-A966-1D7264A75D51.jpeg
Jelly is facing away from the camera on the left.

The other thing you will notice is the bruising on Juju’s beak and a bit of staining above his right nostril. Although I did not see it, I think he got something in that nostril and sneezed or coughed and banged his beak.

I’ve left a message requesting an appointment for this week. My primary worry is Jelly. If anyone has any wisdom to share ahead of their appointment, please, please let me know!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have to share this here in hopes that my mistakes will help someone else. As embarrassing as it is to admit it.

Opie is a lovely weight. He even let me transfer him to the scale without too many complaints.

The budgies? Smh....they're fat. Once again, my preoccupation with everything else in my life meant I was not weighing the boys weekly for a while. I didn't travel with any scales (even the one I use for their food), so I was guesstimating while out of town for 6 weeks. :envious::bignono: And by way of explanation, there was a lot going on in my life for a few months. We thought my sister had cancer. Luckily things are not as dire as we were originally led to believe.

So, I'll humbly accept the dressing down I'll get from my vet (and probably a few members here). And this will serve as a reminder to me and hopefully to all the new parronts to weigh your birds at least weekly and weigh/measure their food.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have to share this here in hopes that my mistakes will help someone else. As embarrassing as it is to admit it.

Opie is a lovely weight. He even let me transfer him to the scale without too many complaints.

The budgies? Smh....they're fat. Once again, my preoccupation with everything else in my life meant I was not weighing the boys weekly for a while. I didn't travel with any scales (even the one I use for their food), so I was guesstimating while out of town for 6 weeks. :envious::bignono: And by way of explanation, there was a lot going on in my life for a few months. We thought my sister had cancer. Luckily things are not as dire as we were originally led to believe.

So, I'll humbly accept the dressing down I'll get from my vet (and probably a few members here). And this will serve as a reminder to me and hopefully to all the new parronts to weigh your birds at least weekly and weigh/measure their food.
Life gets in the way sometimes for everyone

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. I'm glad your sister isn't as bad as you thought but still sending good thoughts her way.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you, I appreciate the understanding. I know better than to lose track of the budgies because they are “easy keepers” as we would say on the farm.