• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie bites only when there's no treats given ?

Lynxly

Moving in
Helloo! My english budgie Susu has developed a small habit of biting. She has been with me for a few weeks already, and only now then she bites my hand whenever i offer for her to step up on it. I've googled and searched the web to find some answers as to why she started doing this, and most results say the budgie's scared or stressed and what not. But the thing is she only ever bites after she willingly decides to step up on my hand, and no, it's not beaking. Susu has "preened" and beaked me before but these recent few bites aren't like that. Only time she doesn't bite is when she steps up on my hand to eat the millet i give her. Aside from that, she would usually step up on my hand, then immediately starts biting a bit hard. Any advice or thoughts as to why she is doing this ?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Hi my lovebird indie extra bitey at min ive research today and a lot of people say to have a foraging toy in your hands to redirect them so I’ve ordered some vine balls banana leaf balls maybe when they step up offer the foraging toys with millet in just an idea as I am a bit at a loss with the bites too

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe she feels she’s been lured under false pretences if there’s no millet. Kind of like budgie betrayal.