• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie bad leg diagnosed enlarged teste

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
My budgie for the past 2 years 2 moths in the beginning of summer where his left leg becomes lame and he holds it up all the time never weight bearing.. happened the exact same time two years in a row we gave Lupron it worked so we said it way enlarge teste,, the second vet that did ct scan did not think it was enlarged teste and did not no , this year after we thought we was better he started doing it again but now he’s holding up the other leg..does this tell me Its Not the teste?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This summer, you may recall that one of my two budgies has the same issue. I didn’t have the vet give him Lupron, but he was given pain medicine, and I covered the budgies in complete darkness for 16 hours each night for 10 weeks. It worked well.

What did the other vet think was causing the problem after the CT scan? That doesn’t seem clear? If your budgie is having trouble climbing and perching, perhaps you could move some perches quite low to the bottom of the cage and make sure there are some towels for padding in case he loses his grip.

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
This summer, you may recall that one of my two budgies has the same issue. I didn’t have the vet give him Lupron, but he was given pain medicine, and I covered the budgies in complete darkness for 16 hours each night for 10 weeks. It worked well.

What did the other vet think was causing the problem after the CT scan? That doesn’t seem clear? If your budgie is having trouble climbing and perching, perhaps you could move some perches quite low to the bottom of the cage and make sure there are some towels for padding in case he loses his grip.
The other vet didn’t no but said at the time of ct enlarged testes wasn’t causing it( I think she’s wrong) and no tumors,, she must didn’t no - I have a bunch of flat perches he only uses them when he has to .. not very often he’s on gabapentin and metacamndosent seem to help