• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie baby become cold

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
The temperature for food is 40,5 celcius (105f) to 43 celcius (110f). Make sure it is between those temperatures. To hot and there will be crop burn and too cold will cool the baby off and encourage fungal infections. Make sure you disinfect all tools and containers between feeding AND DO NOT KEEP PREPARED FORMULAS BETWEEN FEEDINGS. Make sure the baby is getting enough fluids - make the formula thinner.
At this moment I only have this mercury fever thermometer. Can I able to use it??? I will disinfect before use it. 68652824_515611945646469_181315080942518272_n.jpg

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Update: My another budgie chick become weak and his body become lower temperature after feed him... reply please urgent

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Something is wrong.

After you fed him? Or after parents fed him?

What kind of food are you giving them? Is it made for baby birds?

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Something is wrong.

After you fed him? Or after parents fed him?

What kind of food are you giving them? Is it made for baby birds?
After I fed him it happen And I make the formula at home using: chickpea, split green, corn flour, rice and i store it in refrigerator and at feeding time I heat it and fed them

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This looks like it should be on 911 emergency. I can't see if any admins are online to tag.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
This looks like it should be on 911 emergency. I can't see if any admins are online to tag.
Already taken care of.

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Can anyone please tell me what is his problem????

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Show us photos of the babies, your setup, and the nest.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
How do you feed him? Do you have the right temperature now? Can't you buy real formula?
I don't know if that is the correct recipe but I hope they are high quality and that you not heating it several times.
Can anyone please tell me what is his problem????
You can contact a vet, even if it's not a avian vet some are good with birds too.
We can not answer to that question, we can't see him and can't examine him.
We can just give you advices, not the right kind of care that he needs. I hope you understand that. It's your responsibility to give him the care he needs.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I going through your other post and this is not the first time you had babies.
Does the other ones survive?
I think it's time for you to stop breeding and perhaps even own birds.
I feel so sad for the babies that you not give the care they need.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
What does the nest/brooder look like?
That plate (?) is filthy. The chicks must be only put in clean places.
They need a clean brooder lined with wood shavings to stay in now they do not have their parents.
I already showed you a picture when you were having issues with your Cockatiels. A plastic terrarium that is easy to clean is ideal.

I´m sorry, I do not know about homemade baby parrot formula.

@melissasparrots
@PoukieBear

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Well this certainly isn't what I wanted to read first thing on a Monday morning.

I'm afraid that what you are feeding these chicks is not ideal. You need to have proper bird formula, not just some random mashed up food you had at home.

That plate (?) is absolutely filthy and your chicks should not even be in contact with it. It's likely cold and sucking even more heat from the chicks.

What does your breeding set up look like? Please post more pictures.
Did you have the parents vet checked before breeding? Have they been bred before? How old are the parents?

Last edited:

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I just had a look at your post history, and I have to say it is very disturbing.

I see that you had previously asked for breeding advice, and were told to NOT breed your birds, since you have no idea what you are doing. This would have been good advice to follow.

I also see that your birds have had health issues:
Your budgies are having issues breathing and have nasal discharge. Did you take them to a vet as told?
You've had issues with a sick cockatiel. Did that get looked after?
You have French moult in your budgies. Did you take them to a vet to confirm and get treatment?
Zinc poisoning.
One of your lovebirds just died. Do you know why?
You are trying to also hand feed a baby cockatiel, but it was being attacked by ants, because it was being kept in a cardboard box. Have you resolved this issue?

Over all, these are ALL major alarm bells. What frightens me the most is that NONE of these threads have updates on the condition of the birds involved. Have any of them had vet care as recommended??

Please, for the love of god and for the safety of your birds, STOP trying to breed until you have all these health concerns under control and after you've done plenty more research on how to take care of them.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Why do you post this if you are not letting us know how the bird is doing and not giving the bird proper care by finding a vet? This bird is suffering over a long period of time and slowing wasting away. I want to say shame on you but that means my post may be deleted. But I write it anyway.

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Hi, Sorry for late. The update is one of them yellow budgie chick was died yesterday and other one is good now. His body temperature is normal and feet also. I use homemade hand feed formula because there is no good hand feed formula available here. I make it with: Oats meal, corn flour, Split Green gram with maintaining of food temperature. His age is 3 weeks now how many ml should I fed him???