• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Budgie ate a piece of a peace lily!!!

budgie2021

Sprinting down the street
he landed on our coffee table momentarily where we have one (usually never does) and flew away before we could get it out of his mouth. Should I give him activated charcoal? How much?

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My mom recently was unemployed due to Covid, we no longer have a vet, we used to
I would call your vet and ask if they can give you any information. It never hurts to ask. You will need to know how much your bird weighs.

budgie2021

I would call your vet and ask if they can give you any information. It never hurts to ask. You will need to know how much your bird weighs.
He weighs 1.4 oz, a little chubby so we are trying to get him to lose weight. I mixed a 280 mg activated charcoal capsule with 1 tablespoon of water. I could not find the bird dropper so i just dipped my finger in the solution and made him bite my finger (I know it's bad but he wouldn't budge and I was getting desperate) I gave him about 8 of these and let him go as he was stressing out really badly. He hates being held. I comforted him and he's sleeping right now.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Did you call the vet to find out any information you could?

budgie2021

Hello, thank you! I gave him charcoal, he is his normal, rascal self today:)