• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie advice and young bubdgies

josejose

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
jose
I have enormous cage as I am trying to find where got spot as they keep playing on the nest box nest floor coconut fiber so easy to get top of the hole more.

As, now the problem they keep falling off their nest box so will it be problem I move them on bottom of the cage so they won’t keep falling and looking to add little wood walk way to let them enter and leave home so not sure will this be problem?

I anciently mix different budgie kid to another nest will this be problem and will the other parents attack or no feed them as they all are in the same cage?

Is it bad I use one bird feeder as it can hold 4oz of food as I use bottom small layer seeds then pellets on top so 20 percent seeds and 80 pellets as I try to get fruits and vegetables when parents buy some as seed mix and pellet aren't cheap from organic?

Will the budgie parents stop feeding their budgies kids if they're in the bottom?

I also open their nest box so the parents can see them there ok for a while then I close it up so they don't get cold as there an electric heater next to them.
cage.jpg box.jpg

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I anciently mix different budgie kid to another nest will this be problem and will the other parents attack or no feed them as they all are in the same cage?
I don´t understand how this happens. I do not know what will happen. You will have to monitor to be sure everyone is being fed.

You should move those boxes. It would be ok if the parents weren´t in above them, but as you have adults and chicks in there you will end up with those boxes caked in poops. It´s a very unhigienic set up.

josejose

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
jose
I mov
I don´t understand how this happens. I do not know what will happen. You will have to monitor to be sure everyone is being fed.

You should move those boxes. It would be ok if the parents weren´t in above them, but as you have adults and chicks in there you will end up with those boxes caked in poops. It´s a very unhigienic set up.
I move them so both holes face the door and away parents poop.
I keep wacthing parents keep feeding them as they dont sit on them much as there also electronic heater next to them.
Will it be bad idea if I play with them let them walk around the cage then return them as some jump top box sits on and some try to flap or fly with there parents.
Do I need to lower the adult stick so there middle of the cage?