• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie adjusted crop many times in a row?

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just watched my budgie, Sprite, adjust her crop about 15 times in a row. She was sitting on a perch, grooming, then she started. She continued to groom and scratch herself while she was adjusting her crop too. Is she sick? She doesn't act sick at all. She's eating her vegetables now, and trying to knock the bowl out of the ring. She ate a lot maybe 15-20 minutes ago, could her crop just have been really full?

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did she do it again? How is she doing since the episode this morning?I hope it was an uneventful day.
I haven't really seen her do it since. She was fine for the rest of the day, and she seems fine today too. She did adjust her crop about 20 minutes, maybe 4 times, but it wasn't as extreme as yesterday. She had also just eaten a bunch of millet.
Do you think she's okay?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I haven't really seen her do it since. She was fine for the rest of the day, and she seems fine today too. She did adjust her crop about 20 minutes, maybe 4 times, but it wasn't as extreme as yesterday. She had also just eaten a bunch of millet.
Do you think she's okay?
Well it seems you have a logical explanation for these new movements . Rudy often adjusts his crop and I haven’t paid attention to the antecedent.

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well it seems you have a logical explanation for these new movements . Rudy often adjusts his crop and I haven’t paid attention to the antecedent.
Okay thank you! I figured I was probably just being paranoid, but I thought I'd ask anyway, just in case. Better to be safe than sorry!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Okay thank you! I figured I was probably just being paranoid, but I thought I'd ask anyway, just in case. Better to be safe than sorry!
Well but i must state I’m not experienced enough so hopefully someone else will also comment soon :)

Gigibirds

Question: (sorry for going a bit off topic here!) Is this
a bird adjusting their crop? Also is that good or bad or does it show that something's wrong? My p'let will do this sometimes, and I just thought that she was yawning or thirsty!

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Question: (sorry for going a bit off topic here!) Is this
a bird adjusting their crop? Also is that good or bad or does it show that something's wrong? My p'let will do this sometimes, and I just thought that she was yawning or thirsty!
Yes, that's adjusting the crop. As far I know, it is normal but if they do it a lot it can mean they have some kind of crop issue. That's why I got worried when Sprite did it.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I think repeatedly adjusting crop can be a symptom of crop infection, has it happened again?

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think repeatedly adjusting crop can be a symptom of crop infection, has it happened again?
Yes, that's why I was worried. She hasn't done it again though.