• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie #3

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
My wife and I decided to get a friend for our two budgies. So now we have Birdie, Chirpie, and their new pal Icey!!

Judging by the cere color, it looks to be leaning female but its hard to tell as theres not much color to it yet.(What do u guys think??) She is still unable to fly but she can do little hops from here to there. For now, we put the cage down on the floor to make it easier for her to climb into. My other two birds tried to punk her a few times the first day they met her, but she stood her ground and is now part of the gang lol. My wife takes them all on a “field trip” around the house a few times a day and they love to play with the faucet and the mirror in the bathroom.

I think a 4th one might be coming soon just to even things out :D

Happy campers!!
92127575-EBE5-4F1B-BD17-85997C8C1EEA.jpeg
63A3A64A-A01C-4F29-A9A9-36BF04E5DCA9.jpeg

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
This beautiful baby reminded me of my Blueberry...exactly the same colors! Gorgeous...just Gorgeous. God Bless your flock! :heart:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Fourth budgie may keep the two females from fighting. Please quarantine the new ones for 30 days or so. Do you have dogs or cats?

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Fourth budgie may keep the two females from fighting. Please quarantine the new ones for 30 days or so. Do you have dogs or cats?
Yes I figured the 2 females will probably not get along too well, so another male will be needed soon to keep the peace lol.
We dont have any dogs or cats but my bro in law has a dog which visits often, but we isolate the birds in a separate room because the dog loves to bark at them and the birds get freaked out.
EA024427-A564-4EAA-9713-DD2034541A15.jpeg

What is the reasoning behind isolating the new bird for 30 days?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Beautiful budgies! I endorse a fourth. :)