• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bubbly /poop help plz

❤ HIɊᗰᗩ ❤

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hiqma
Need help plz.... my 9 week old yellow side green cheek conures just pooped bubbles! I know this means trouble ...Got him home 5 days ago. His poo was fine. Today it’s like this. He eats fresh veggies and seed mix. He is a little less fond of food today. Didn’t eat much in the morning. Started eating in the evening. he is my fists birdy ... His activity seems ok so far.. plz help coz I don’t have access to an AVIAN VET....
thanks

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
For the illnesses that bubbly poop may indicate, there s no home remedy. You must search for a vet. I you will tell us what area you live in, we may be able to help you find a vet.

Bubbles in the pop generally indicate a clostridium infection. There are other bacteria.fungi that it could be, but a vet must determine which one it is and what antibiotic/fungicide is appropriate for the particular microbe.

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Find a vet, even if they aren't avian certified, any vet is better than none if they treat birds. Are you absolutely sure there are no vets even 3 hours drive away from you? They are the only ones who can properly diagnose and give medication to your bird. Whatever it is, it's not normal and needs to be looked at.

The people on Avian Avenue can't replace the vet, but we can try to give advice from the information you provide. Sometimes we can't help though.

I hope you can find help! Wishing you luck!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You might be able to find a vet consult online. At least that's a start, although the droppings really should be tested. Was it just one or more than one?

❤ HIɊᗰᗩ ❤

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hiqma
so his poo is normal today. ive managed to find someone who treats birdies, theyve told me what to do. not a vet though. we dont find them here. Does eating orange cause birds problems? or is it too much orange ?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
My bird has never had bubbly poo from eating orange

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
so his poo is normal today. ive managed to find someone who treats birdies, theyve told me what to do. not a vet though. we dont find them here. Does eating orange cause birds problems? or is it too much orange ?
Can you share what you’ve been told to do so our experienced members can tell you if you’re likely to help your bird in any way? We hear of lots of home treatments that essentially just put the bird through unnecessary treatments that are of no help for the medical issue but cause stress to owners and birds alike. I’d feel awful if you were to have been given poor advice.

❤ HIɊᗰᗩ ❤

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hiqma
These forum people only deal with homeopathic medicine, and have asked me to find good quality in distilled medicine.there are as follows :

>aconite For 2days
>pulsitela next 3 days
>then China For last 4 days.

ive been asked to inform her of updates. diye update. These are to be given a certain time after he’s been feed. no two medicines will run simultaneously.

btw here’s his Today’s morning poo.
Thanks♥

Attachments

OkiF

Sitting on the front steps
Based on your statement that you don't find vets around (we have to drive about 1 hour for the closest avain vet, but it is worth it), I assume you are in the countryside. Maybe you could try to explore with farmers, as a vet that checks on poultry may also be able to help you. Also what about the place where you got your bird? They may have advises. Even if this poop issue appears solved, don't wait the next emergency to find out a solution as this may cost your bird's life (I speak from experience unfortunately).

❤ HIɊᗰᗩ ❤

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hiqma
Based on your statement that you don't find vets around (we have to drive about 1 hour for the closest avain vet, but it is worth it), I assume you are in the countryside. Maybe you could try to explore with farmers, as a vet that checks on poultry may also be able to help you. Also what about the place where you got your bird? They may have advises. Even if this poop issue appears solved, don't wait the next emergency to find out a solution as this may cost your bird's life (I speak from experience unfortunately).
I live in Dhaka the capitol of Bangladesh, Avian care isnt a specialized thing here sadly unless its for poultry. ill try the Homeo as suggested and at any sight of further issue ill habe to go to another place to buy "Vet" meds that are prescribed by avian experienced people, even though they arnt vets :( I totally understand where ure coming from @OkiF.

MandaRose

Moving in
Real Name
Amanda Cottman
I’m no avian vet or vet of any kind however, I am a Registered Nurse with a healthy knowledge of pharmacology and medical interventions. Of course, as others have said, there is no replacement for a vet but, I can tell you that there is a big difference between tested pharmaceuticals, homeopathic medicines, and natural remedies. Often, homeopathic medications contain effectively ZERO active ingredients and can really cost you time and money. It seems that this bubbly poo may have been a fluke (fingers crossed!) but, in the future, I’d definitely have one of the vets’ number that tend to poultry. Please don’t feel chastised for not having an avian vet already though, as none of us are perfect! While there are many differences between birds, a poultry vet is going to have more knowledge and access to bird-friendly pharmaceuticals than any homeopath or naturopath.

love and good thoughts going to you and your babies!,

Manda and Professor Byrd

❤ HIɊᗰᗩ ❤

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hiqma
I’m no avian vet or vet of any kind however, I am a Registered Nurse with a healthy knowledge of pharmacology and medical interventions. Of course, as others have said, there is no replacement for a vet but, I can tell you that there is a big difference between tested pharmaceuticals, homeopathic medicines, and natural remedies. Often, homeopathic medications contain effectively ZERO active ingredients and can really cost you time and money. It seems that this bubbly poo may have been a fluke (fingers crossed!) but, in the future, I’d definitely have one of the vets’ number that tend to poultry. Please don’t feel chastised for not having an avian vet already though, as none of us are perfect! While there are many differences between birds, a poultry vet is going to have more knowledge and access to bird-friendly pharmaceuticals than any homeopath or naturopath.

love and good thoughts going to you and your babies!,

Manda and Professor Byrd
thank u for taking the time to reply,I totally understand that....im hoping it may have been a fluke due to his new diet of veggies.... ill see what i can do next to find pharma meds prescription . thanks <3

MandaRose

Moving in
Real Name
Amanda Cottman
thank u for taking the time to reply,I totally understand that....im hoping it may have been a fluke due to his new diet of veggies.... ill see what i can do next to find pharma meds prescription . thanks <3
Let me know how you and the babies are! You’ve been in my thoughts.

❤ HIɊᗰᗩ ❤

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hiqma
t
Let me know how you and the babies are! You’ve been in my thoughts.
Thanks .... hes alot better thank you for asking....but i think his poo is still a bit loose formed.. im assuming its coz hes transitioned to a half veg, half seed diet from his old handfeed n seed died. ill post pics when i get home :ysgcc: :heart:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
He’s sleepy here lol
I'm sorry, but to me that looks like a sick conure tired or not. It's hard work for them to pretend they're not sick, and when they get tired they slip, and sickness shows. Have you had conures before? If not how do you know what's normal? This needs an avian vet or one experienced with birds, any normal vet should be able to help you find the closest one.

❤ HIɊᗰᗩ ❤

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hiqma
Ripshod i do agree its not the best picture...... hes doing well now, had him treated by someone experianced with birds... he plays, eats normally, his poo has gone back to normal, hes very curious ..... and i do understand parrots hide illnesses really well... hes my first conure so i have read up on as much as possible before bringing him home...