• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bubbles in poop

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Hi all when should I be concerned about bubbles in poop, occasionally every 3 to 4 days my bird does a poop that has bubbles in it.

Mu question is when should I be worried about bubbles in poop to take him to the vets. Also are there any other symptoms to look out for, most of my birds poops look healthy but sometimes he does ones that have a bit of bubbles in them.

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
I had similar problem with Edgar. I found bubbles in his poop. It was one day, when his three poops were bubbly and then normal for the rest of the day. I took him to the vet and it appeared everything was ok. But vet suggested that I throw away rest of his pellets and start a new bag which I did. It was a hot day, so the vet thought that the food might be a little unfresh. Now I keep his pellets in the fridge.
Vet also asked if there was an accident or hard landing, and whether Edgar ate some watery food. He didn't so we still don't know what caused it, but from now everything is normal.
I would suggest a vet visit just to be sure. Or you could take a sample of the poop to the vet for examination. My vet did examin the poop under the microscope.

Mantis64

He eats fruit and vegetables on a daily basis. He is an Indian ringneck so everyday I give him fruit.

Mantis64

Maybe it it was that because it happened after he ate blueberries and mango and after a poop ot two it returned to normal.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Considering this is your 10th or so thread RE poop, maybe just go and have a general check up at the vet. Have the poops looked at by your avian vet so you can put your concerns to rest :)

Mantis64

Considering this is your 10th or so thread RE poop, maybe just go and have a general check up at the vet. Have the poops looked at by your avian vet so you can put your concerns to rest :)
Thanks will do

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm curious, did your bird ever actually go for a checkup? I know you were planning to do that a while ago.

Mantis64

I'm curious, did your bird ever actually go for a checkup? I know you were planning to do that a while ago.
Yes he did a few times. As you guys probably know any difference and I notice it. I'm not panicking anymore as I know that that isn't helping me or my bird. This is my first bird and I haven't had him for that long so I do pick up on anything different and this prompts me to take him to the vets. If anything is slightly different I realise but as you say before that everything varies so I'm trying not to get to worried. If I notice it again, getting more often or any change in behaviour than I will worry. As I have stated above I've panicked about things similar to this taken him to the vets to find out hes perfectly healthy.

Last edited: