• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bubbles in poo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Diego is a GW, and has GW sized poops. Especially in the morning.

Some mornings his poop has bubbles. It is usually normal after that. His poops are more runny than many domestic birds due to the high amount of fresh vegetables in his diet.

Should I be concerned?

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Not sure about the bubbles but Squeeky does get more watery poops when he eats fruits, veggies, or mushy soaked pellets.

RandomWiktor

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ren
From what I've read, bubbly/foamy poo is a big red flag for clostridium or other GI infections. If it is happening frequently it may be worth looking into.

You don't have a photo, do you? How bubbly are we talking?

Last edited:

Sarin

Real Name
Nicole
When I got Koba, all her poops had bubbles in it. I was REALLY scared. She went to the vet, got an exam, fecal test and blood test, and everything came back negative. I took away the amount of broccoli in her diet and the bubbles eased up. I took away veggies completely for a week or so and there were no bubbles. Ever since they've been fine. I think it is the high water content in the vegetables that causes this. It seems to be for Koba anyway.... In the end the peace of mind was worth the cost of the vet visit. It's up to you what you want to do. I hope it's nothing serious. :hug8:

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Cutting out the veggies is not a possibility since that is 80% of the birds diet. I am used to my birds poo being more watery than many. I am always examining for solid tubes and good nitrates. The eclectus tend to have a more dense poo because of their longer digestive track.

I will keep an eye on it. My gut tells me it is normal considering their diet.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Boomer and Chiquita have a bit of runny poop. They get that from their daily fresh fruits and veggies so I know for sure that is normal but I have never ever noticed bubbles in it. Keep an eye on him and if anything seems out of the ordinary I would bring him to the vets.

Kimba

Sprinting down the street
sometimes the bubbles are nothing more than gas in the intestines that comes out in the poo. It is not typically seen but does happen with a mostly fresh diet at times.
My guess is that is one or two veggies that are known for producing gas, broccoli would be one of those veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.