• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bubbles in droppings since a long time

koneko

Strolling the yard
I had posted few months ago regarding bubbles in my akios dropping.I went to several vets,gave him a lot of antibiotics but it didnt help.Vet refused gram stain test and said its just due to diet so i finally managed to do it on my own.I sent her his reports but she didnt respond at all because she keeps telling me to continue the antibiotics she gave before which never worked.There are hardly any good vets in my country.I have lost pets before due to their careless attitude.I feel very helpless now.I am attaching the reports below.
Screenshot_20200225_193021.jpg
Screenshot_20200225_192918.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez

koneko

Strolling the yard
It looks like enrofloxacin/Baytril would be a good choice based on those results if you can get a vet to prescribe it for you.
Thank you very much.i will see if i can get it from her

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Which country do you live in? Some countries (including Mexico and Canada) do not require prescriptions for medications for animals.

Chloramphenicol is another that looks good.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Chlor is super harsh, though. Like to the point that humans giving it should wear protective equipment. So it wouldn't be my first choice.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I mentioned it because my vet prescribed it for jasper when she had a GI infection and it worked quickly. Yes you do need to take precautions when administering it. I did not find it to cause any side effects in Jasper.

koneko

Strolling the yard
Which country do you live in? Some countries (including Mexico and Canada) do not require prescriptions for medications for animals.

Chloramphenicol is another that looks good.
I live in india.I will see if its available here. I am having a difficulty in finding baytril. I have been searching since a long time

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Baytril = enrofloxacin. Try searching for enrofloxacin. It is sold under several different brand names outside of the US and Europe.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Kudos to you for going over your vet's head and getting an results!! Your bird is very lucky to have a person like you :)

koneko

Strolling the yard
Baytril = enrofloxacin. Try searching for enrofloxacin. It is sold under several different brand names outside of the US and Europe.
I found a tablet of enrofloxacin.will it be suitable? Screenshot_20200226_203132.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope your bird is better soon. I agree with @Mizzely , your bird is lucky to have you.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@koneko You will need a gram scale. And appropriate dosage in milligrams for your bird. When you get the medication and a scale, come back and we can help you to figure out the dose.

It would be easier and more accurate if you can find the enrofloxacin in liquid form. The kind you found is in chewable form and birds don't chew, so it will need to be mixed with a fluid (I've done this many times with various medications). Something sweet like coconut milk would serve well - I use pina colada mix without the alcohol.

Ask questions as you think of them - the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

koneko

Strolling the yard
@koneko You will need a gram scale. And appropriate dosage in milligrams for your bird. When you get the medication and a scale, come back and we can help you to figure out the dose.

It would be easier and more accurate if you can find the enrofloxacin in liquid form. The kind you found is in chewable form and birds don't chew, so it will need to be mixed with a fluid (I've done this many times with various medications). Something sweet like coconut milk would serve well - I use pina colada mix without the alcohol.

Ask questions as you think of them - the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
Thank you very much.I am so glad to be a part of this community.I have a gram scale at home and i ordered the tablets just now.Sadly i couldnt get it in liquid form.It required bulk orders

koneko

Strolling the yard
@Hankmacaw I could finally find enrofloxacin liquid and asked a vet about dosage.He said 0.02 ml.I hope its sufficient.
I noticed that my akio has lost some weight and i dont know how to make him gain weight. I cant get high potency pellets here.I am giving him many things but he only eats a few of them.
Btw thank you so much for your support. I have felt helpless and depressed for months.My vet kept ignoring my messages.I took him to the city where she lives which takes 4-5 hours and still she had a very careless approach.I felt so heartbroken.