• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Brown headed parrot breeders in the UK

Welsh Girl

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Anna
Hi all! Thanks for letting me join AA! :) I’m looking to get my first medium sized parrot (only had budgies so far). Quite excited! My two favourites at the moment are the brown headed parrot and the BW pionus. I was wondering if anyone here knew of any brown headed parrot breeders in the UK?

I was also wondering whether there’s a time of year where there are more baby parrots around? If so, when is that time?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Anna 1.welcome signs.gif

@tka

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welcomegroup: :hug8:

laurenf

Moving in
Real Name
lauren
Hi, a bit late but for us here (in U.S.) springtime into the summer seems to be breeding season. I heard pionus parrots were available later in the season, maybe because they're rarer. Best of luck in your search

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello UK here also and welcome to AA cracking community and a wealth of info and have been exceptionally welcoming to me

I didnt have a massive amount of look finding parrot breeders in the UK there where a lot of people looking to rehome parrots however i really wanted to get my own baby and take it from there ( as this was going to be my first parrot i didn't want to have to deal with any issues that may have been the reason the parrot was getting rehomed having a new parrot imo. was tough enough without trying to integrate a older parrot set in its ways into my house thats just the cynic in me )

I did however find a breeder of greencheeks not so far from me and pulled the trigger on a pineapple conure and she is gorgous whilst looking for breeder i only managed to find the breeder i bought my conure from and a breeder of ringnecks in cheshire.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's a good idea to join the Parrot Society UK. They keep records of breeders and the chicks bred each year.

Welsh Girl

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Anna
It's a good idea to join the Parrot Society UK. They keep records of breeders and the chicks bred each year.
I have considered this. Thanks for the recommendation.