• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Broken Beak

mochiballs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
Stitch has managed to break his bottom beak at the part where it attaches to his face. It's sort of missing a chunk and leaves a little hole. I've called his vet but the soonest the avian vet can see him is tomorrow. He's not bleeding, is still eating and drinking, and playing, but I imagine he's in a lot of pain and could potentially get an infection. I've tried other avian vets and unfortunately nobody is working today, they're not taking new patients, or can't fit him in. I'm wondering if theres anything I can do while we wait. I'm also wondering if the emergency vet could help? Only problem with them is that they not well versed in avian veterinary medicine. I'm so worried for him.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Bump

mochiballs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
I'm back, the best you can do right now is keep him warm and quiet , can he at least drink water and possibly eat some baby bird formula from a spoon??prayers...
Thank you so much for the help :)
He's been able to eat and drink. He has wanted to play all day but I've been keeping him mellow. I worry he's in pain. I was able to get a hold of his vet on the phone and she said he should be okay until tomorrow since he's eating and drinking fine. She also told me to give him some antibiotics, which we still had from when he was sick a little bit ago. I hope he's going to be okay and the part of his beak will grow back.