• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Broccoli-holic?

Itsjustme

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Deborah
Hi,

I have an 8-mo. old male canary, Schroeder. He absolutely LOVES fresh broccoli. I put a floret in his treat clip and he goes to town on it until there is so little left that it just falls out of the clip. I know broccoli is good for him, but I'm just wondering if there is such a thing as too much? He was not too happy with me this morning when I put an apple slice instead of broccoli in his clip! (Although he did nibble on the apple.) He is a great eater and doesn't ignore his other food.

I've only had him a few days; his current diet is a canary seed mix (White Mill "Pure") mixed with Roudybush Nibbles and some Quiko egg food.

Thanks for any input!

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Moderation is OK as long as you don't over do it, as the old joke goes. I'd let him have all he wants if it were me BUT I'd offer other foods as well on there own so he can't just chow down on the broccoli. But it's much better than him just eating seed.

Itsjustme

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Deborah
Moderation is OK as long as you don't over do it, as the old joke goes. I'd let him have all he wants if it were me BUT I'd offer other foods as well on there own so he can't just chow down on the broccoli. But it's much better than him just eating seed.
Thanks, Mark. I do agree with the moderation thing. LOL! I just wanted to be sure there wasn't some limit on how much I should offer him. He does always have his other food available and he does eat it, too. :)