• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Breeding

green bean

Checking out the neighborhood
What are you likely to get if you breed a normal green male (with a turquoise brother) and a lutino female?

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't know the answer to your question, but here are 2 sites. I'm not vouching for them. Hope others will hop in to help.

My normal green girl had a green dad, turquoise mom, clutchmates were 2 normal green, 1 turquoise, 2 lutino

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Depends on what splits the male has. You'd have to breed him to find that out. You'd certainly get a good variety of Greens, and probably Blues.

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Most likely all babies would be normal green. From the information provided, there is a small chance of turquoise or lutino, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The father might be carrying the turquoise gene, but both parents would need to have that gene for their offspring to be visually turquoise, because it is s recessive trait. The mom is not turquoise or creamino, so probably no blue offspring from this pairing. Lutino is a sex-linked mutation, so the female can't pass it on to her female offspring. Her male offspring will get one copy of the gene, so they will most likely be visually normal, split to ino. Unless the male parent is carrying a hidden copy of the ino gene, there won't be any visual lutinos or creaminos.

Long story short, expect a lot of green babies.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Based on info.... all greens.

There's not enough info to know whether or not the male is split turquiose. If both parents were green and they had a turquoise offspring... then he might be. If one parent was green, the other turquoise, then he's definitely split turquoise.

Lutino is sex-linked... so no lutino offspring unless dad is also split lutino... but no info there to know if he's not.

So what we would know for sure is.... all offspring will be green, all males split lutino.

If anything else pops up, that might tell us if the parents have anything else hidden.