• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Breeder identification needed

Shirley ma

Checking out the neighborhood
I am moving to Belize and was planning on taking my pet cockatoo with me. He is 35 years old. I have owned him from 28 years. He is a big part of my family. I have purchased him a spot on the airplane, got his blood tested for diseases that were required, in the process of getting an import permit from Belize and getting the new home inspected. Now they are telling me I need a certificate of origin. I got him from a friend who got him off of craigslist So no kind of paperwork came with him I was told he was born February 1987. He has a band stamped HCZ849. No other markings. Can anyone help me identify the breeder that would have used this band or tell me where I can get a certificate of origin? I leave in 2 weeks and have been told he will not be permitted in without this certificate.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Can you contact your vet and ask if they Have any experience with this? They may be able to help satisfy the certificate of origin

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It may be a long shot but you could try contacting either the Avicultural Society of America or the American Federation of Aviculture and see if they know of the breeder who used those initials, although from that many years ago it is highly unlikely the breeder stills breeds, and may have even passed.