• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Breeder 411

JesseD

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jesse Dean
Does anyone have any experience with birdloverstore.com?

Thanks in advance.

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
To me this site looks pretty sketchy.. Something seems off about it.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like a scam.

Hardly any information, claims to have a global presence, calls itself "Grey parrot shop" at one point, and all of the birds are far, far too cheap. There's no way you're getting a Grey in the US for $650-900.

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Yes, definitely sketchy.

The location information has them listed in at least four countries, which seems rather ambitious for a company that claims to have been in operation for "08 years". The About Us page has a different company name. The price for greater macaws is listed as $600 - $2600. Considering it has a picture of a hyacinth macaw and the description is of hyacinths, it should be several times that. Also a reverse image search of that hyacinth picture comes up with a UK classified ad from a place called Underground Reptiles.

https://www.classifieds.uk/ad/hyaci...jCod56i9Mn8-1635433027-0-gqNtZGzNAjujcnBszQil

And a similar image of the same parrot on a site called MillieParrots. This doesn't give much faith that this place has any real parrots.

It's also worth mentioning that none of the parrot pictures look like they were taken in the same facility. The cages and setups are different and many look over-crowded.

And the parrot reviews are clearly fake. Every parrot listing has five stars with 500+ reviews. But no actual buyer feedback shown anywhere.

While searching for more information about this site, I came across this UK site with a similar name, layout, and similar pictures.

The About Us page says that they have been operating since 2002. Several of the parrot images on this site are identical to the ones on birdloverstore.com

Not sure if birdlovers stole their images or if both sites were made by the same people. If they are by the same people I have to wonder why their About Us pages don't match up.

Long story short, don't buy from this "store".

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm also guessing scam.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wow the prices of the Hys and 2's seems rather out of whack.