• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

bragging

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Happy is now in his cage. His foot strength its like night and day. He no longer wobbles while grasping with his feet as he did in his brooder box...he is so happy in there. He LOVES his hut and his toys and i dare say his newfound independence. He is making all sorts of noises now. One sounds similar to his name but isnt talking just more like tone and pitch of how i say HAP
EEEE
He is wicked smart. Has learned to step up. He has learned to target with my finger,a pointer and a dowel. He also learned to fly to my hand from wherever he is or i place him by me saying "here"
For being 7 weeks 3 days hes doing remarkably well.
Oh and he almost has "off' which is.get off my hand onto perch,table (insert desired place here).
He sometimes gets confused and wont get off. Other times he hops right off.
Im enjoying teaching.him things and.he seems to really enjoy the praise more than the food reward.
Tonight he amazed me by actually FLYING. not just fluttering or flapping. im talking laps,backing up,,,turning. ..lifting up into the air from the ground. Picking desired landing zone and off he goes, i was debating on clipping for training purpose. ...but after seeing my baby truly fly...i just can't ever clip him. He is just amazing in the air.:)
Everyone excuse my bragging

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
sounds like a real little sweetheart

Mariannee

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I'm glad you are both having such a great time. Lovebirds are great fun in my book. :D

LoveBird<3

Walking the driveway
Yay, congratulations! :) You're doing such a good job with Happy.