• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Boy or girl?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It looks like a pink cere with a wash of that bluish mother-of-pearl I've mentioned before. It's a little difficult to be sure but for now I say he looks male. We'll know for sure in a few days because it's going through that change, it'll get bluer if male.

fancydance

Meeting neighbors
When a member doesn’t have anything to add to the thread they will post a reply saying “bump” this bumps it up to the top of the page so it’s more likely for other members who can help to see it. :)
Oooh okay

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
I would say male as well although the photo is a bit washed out. I don't see white around the cere so male. Have you disinfected everything from your last bird and thrown out the old seed and bought new? Have you taken note of everything that is toxic for your bird including all toxic plants and teflon coated cookware and rust? I would hate to see you go through the same thing as last time. Do keep a close eye on this sweet baby for any signs of illness.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Gorgeous coloring!

fancydance

Meeting neighbors
I would say male as well although the photo is a bit washed out. I don't see white around the cere so male. Have you disinfected everything from your last bird and thrown out the old seed and bought new? Have you taken note of everything that is toxic for your bird including all toxic plants and teflon coated cookware and rust? I would hate to see you go through the same thing as last time. Do keep a close eye on this sweet baby for any signs of illness.
Yeah, I've disinfected everything and bought new seed, he looks fine

Last edited:

fancydance

Meeting neighbors
IMG_20191109_113219.jpg Here's his cere today, sorry for the blur but he kept wiggling so I had to put him back down

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Best to have the photo taken in natural light. An artificial light takes away from the accuracy of the colors.

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Male

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name