• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Boy or Girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
I just checked to see if Zeus got the results of his/her dna test at Avianbiotech and the results are pending currently!I thought it might be fun to see what people think Zeus's sex will be.I've got my fingers crossed it's a boy.Anyone care to guess?

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
I'm going to guess based on how close his feet are when he's perched on your finger - guess I already gave my guess away - BOY!! :rofl:

Heather

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heather
I'll say girl- only bc no one else has:cool1:

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I don't know, but I'm gonna go with girl, too:heart:

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
I say boy, Because the stance, and it looks like it's beak it pointier at the ridge. On another forum I am on a user posted a thread saying her vet told her beak shape can factor in on sex. Basically a females top of the beak(like our ridge of the nose) will be rounded at the top, while males will be very pointed. Not really any great shots of the beak, but from what I can see, I say Boy!!

By the way, this theroy has rang true with my DNA's birds, and my breeders entire flock of proven birds.

Jorg S.

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jorg S
I too will go and say boy because of the stance but that is no sure thing.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I say boy, Because the stance, and it looks like it's beak it pointier at the ridge. On another forum I am on a user posted a thread saying her vet told her beak shape can factor in on sex. Basically a females top of the beak(like our ridge of the nose) will be rounded at the top, while males will be very pointed. Not really any great shots of the beak, but from what I can see, I say Boy!!

By the way, this theroy has rang true with my DNA's birds, and my breeders entire flock of proven birds.

I've noticed the beak thing with my lovies, too. I assumed it was an individual thing, rather than gender! Interesting to know it can indicate gender as well.

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
I've noticed the beak thing with my lovies, too. I assumed it was an individual thing, rather than gender! Interesting to know it can indicate gender as well.

Not sure if it works for all birds or just lovies, but based on your siggy I would assume Nim is a boy & Kermit a girl..can't tell with the other lovies beak?

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Congrats on your beautiful little BOY!!!

Not sure if it works for all birds or just lovies, but based on your siggy I would assume Nim is a boy & Kermit a girl..can't tell with the other lovies beak?
None of my lovies have been DNA'ed (or laid eggs, for that matter), but I'm 99% sure Nin is a male and Leyla is a female, just because of their personalities, stance, head shape, etc. Nin's beak does have a pointy ridge and Leyla's is definitely rounder.

I've been calling Kermit a boy, but there are days I wonder if "he" really is a "she". I eventually want to get him DNA'ed. He regurgitates and flirts with toys/perches, but he also makes female flirty noises and is female-y territorial occasionally. I know lovies can exhibit behaviours of both sexes sometimes, so his actions probably don't accurately indicate his gender! His beak is a bit rounder like Leyla's, too, though, now that you mention it! Now I'm really interested to find out if "he" is male or female.

Lolle

Real Name
Louise

None of my lovies have been DNA'ed (or laid eggs, for that matter), but I'm 99% sure Nin is a male and Leyla is a female, just because of their personalities, stance, head shape, etc. Nin's beak does have a pointy ridge and Leyla's is definitely rounder.

I've been calling Kermit a boy, but there are days I wonder if "he" really is a "she". I eventually want to get him DNA'ed. He regurgitates and flirts with toys/perches, but he also makes female flirty noises and is female-y territorial occasionally. I know lovies can exhibit behaviours of both sexes sometimes, so his actions probably don't accurately indicate his gender! His beak is a bit rounder like Leyla's, too, though, now that you mention it! Now I'm really interested to find out if "he" is male or female.
I was sure Pinja was a girl from the way she was acting, and that Twisted is a boy.. But now their both trying to hump eachother from behind... So now im in big doubts!

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
I thought that my Lovie Pele was a girl for the longest time because he had that fiesty hen attitude and he would "proposition" me and my male lovie Boo.It was a shocker when I found out she was a he.

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Congrats Angela!!! Ha ha I guessed right! Yay!!

Neither of my lovies have been DNA'd either. However, since their cage was right beside my computer, I carefully watched their behavior. Long before JB laid an egg and became aggressive, she still displayed female behavior. Sherbert was just such a sweetie all the time that he HAD to be a boy...lol
I was right and the breeder was wrong heh heh

Micki

Real Name
Micki
I didn't have a clue, but that third picture is really neat!

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie

So am I , lets us know if you ever find out!! I wanna test this theory even more.

Babybreau- My breeder was wrong too about my Baboo. And didn't know what color she was..just called her a limey green. So...thats how I started learning genetics. And since she was an american cinn and neither parent was I knew she was female...she guessed male XD

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
If you haven't seen pics or read what sex my other lovies are then I can post pics of them for you to take a guess on if you want Baboo's Momma.

P>S I love your SIggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.