• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bowls and pooping

Emyu

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emilee
I switched from plastic to metal bowls. The metal ones are quite a bit bigger. My birds will stand by them and constantly poop in their food and water. I have to change the water multiple times a day because they won’t stop pooping in them. They have wasted so much food doing this to. How do I stop this?

they also have a separate bird bath they can use.

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Maybe put a smaller bowl, flipped upside down, into the large water bowl to create a little "island" in the middle. There should be enough room between the outer bowl and the inner one for birds to drink, but less open space for them to poop or bathe. And they can stand on the upside down bowl, if they want, without getting wet or soiling their drinking water.

Of course, that assumes you can find a bowl of the proper size to fit.

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Maybe put a smaller bowl, flipped upside down, into the large water bowl to create a little "island" in the middle. There should be enough room between the outer bowl and the inner one for birds to drink, but less open space for them to poop or bathe. And they can stand on the upside down bowl, if they want, without getting wet or soiling their drinking water.

Of course, that assumes you can find a bowl of the proper size to fit.
Wow, I'd have never thought of that! Great idea.