The administrator is keeping the thread alive so that people will notice it and respond. I haven't seen any bourkes lately but the price does sound reasonable. I've always wanted a Bourke, so pretty and gentle. Good luck!
Matthew's trying to draw more attention to your post so people will answer.
I've only had one Bourkes and she was a very sweet little girl. I rehomed her to a lady who had several Bourkes because Sadie was afraid of the rest of my flock who were too noisy and pushy for her. Out of curiosity, is your little one banded too?
I don't believe it's high, I went online to look at pricing of birds for sale and the pricing varied from $99 to $453.99. Pricing showed up on the second page. bourke's parakeets - Google Search
I don't know that much about Bourke costs, except what Sanda posted, but if he truley comes all vet checked then that sounds like a really good deal. A full vet check with disease testing and dna testing could run anywhere from $150-$500 alone.
It sounds like you are dealing with a conscientious breeder, down to 1 feeding but still allowing for 1-2 weeks before ready to go to his new home. About the only thing I'd suggest, which will drive you crazy (cause you're waiting), is to let the breeder take as much time as necessary for your little one to completely wean. From what I've seen, young birds have a tendency to regress when they go to a new home and sometimes go back to needing to be handfed a little. I don't mean to scare or worry you I'm just mentioning it so that you're aware before and not after your faby's come home.
From what I have seen around here, I think it's a good price. I was just at a bird fair that had some Bourkes and if I'm remembering correctly, that's what they were being sold for- and I don't think they came with DNA testing, etc.
well what is that saying snooze and you lose by the time I decided to put a deposit down on the bird someone else bought him I guess it wasn't meant to be my heart is broken but I did not want to make a decision in haste I will just wait until they have more
Does the breeder have a waiting lost for you to join? Most do, and will give you first dibs once they have a new clutch. The benefit here is now you can request ahead of time that they don't clip your baby even if they do usually clip all their chicks.