• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bought a Green Cheek off CL

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I love the shape you made with his boing, I might try something like that next time I rearrange Kiwi and Blizzard's cage.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Is the conure still sleeping hanging on the bars of the cage?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Ignore all the negative posts!
Well the Christmas lights are a real issue, wires often have some lead in them, and they can cause heavy metal poisoning for a bird that chew the wires.

I don’t believe there were any negative posts...... only ones highlighting serious possible dangers :)
I agree.

Chandler101

Meeting neighbors
I love the shape you made with his boing, I might try something like that next time I rearrange Kiwi and Blizzard's cage.
Ignore all the negative posts! Thank you for giving him a loving home. We have two rescues in our flock. Love them dearly.
I appreciate that! And its all good I have thick skin and i know bird people are opinionated. Thanks for all the responses.

Chandler101

Meeting neighbors
Is the conure still sleeping hanging on the bars of the cage?
Yea thats his spot for the time being it seems. He also seems totally relaxed and chill here so its all good i think. I was talking to the lady i bought him from again and apparently he liked to roughhouse with the cat and dog so thats why his feathers are a little roughed up. Seems he was actually really well cared for despite my initial impression. The reason she had to let him go is because he kept biting her and her daughter and drawing blood allot of the time. Ive had no such issues though but i also pay close attn to mood and warning nips. Ive had my lovebird for over a year now without single hard bite.

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yea thats his spot for the time being it seems. He also seems totally relaxed and chill here so its all good i think. I was talking to the lady i bought him from again and apparently he liked to roughhouse with the cat and dog so thats why his feathers are a little roughed up. Seems he was actually really well cared for despite my initial impression. The reason she had to let him go is because he kept biting her and her daughter and drawing blood allot of the time. Ive had no such issues though but i also pay close attn to mood and warning nips. Ive had my lovebird for over a year now without single hard bite.
I would still look into buying a platform perch to put in that corner he likes to hang in. A couple of the vendors here sell them. It can take birds months to really feel comfortable. Even though he may appear to, you shouldn't assume he's completely chilled. Dog and cat saliva is deadly for birds so I'm glad he's out of that situation. Take good care of him and he'll be a great little buddy for you.

Chandler101

Meeting neighbors
I would still look into buying a platform perch to put in that corner he likes to hang in. A couple of the vendors here sell them. It can take birds months to really feel comfortable. Even though he may appear to, you shouldn't assume he's completely chilled. Dog and cat saliva is deadly for birds so I'm glad he's out of that situation. Take good care of him and he'll be a great little buddy for you.
I don’t assume he’s completely chilled, but he‘s been super nice from the second he got here and has made friends with my bird in only a week. I have no complaints. I did help raise my dads cockatoo when i was in highschool/college so im not a total newbie. I just finally have a house/job I’m staying at so I’m bringing birds in but its been a plan for a long time.

There will be an Afrikan Grey in this house in a year or so...I’m not quite done yet lol.

He had a platform swing she gave me but she also said he never uses it, its in there at the bottom though. I bought him a big nice swing yesterday and redid the cage a bit again for more space. He needs a bigger one so ill be watching FB Marketplace for one.

Heres a good pic i got of them earlier.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
African greys are very dusty so you may wish to reconsider this for the health of your conure?

Chandler101

Meeting neighbors
African greys are very dusty so you may wish to reconsider this for the health of your conure?
Your like the bird police (lol just playing). Yea i just looked it up and your right that is a problem. Welp....i guess when the time comes off to the wood chipper for these two.

Seriously though maybe I’ll stop here then. The conure was a trigger pull that I’m glad I did so it is what it is. I’m unsure about a Macaw thats a big bird that needs allot of big things. And i think my house would need one more size up for it.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Your like the bird police (lol just playing). Yea i just looked it up and your right that is a problem. Welp....i guess when the time comes off to the wood chipper for these two.

Seriously though maybe I’ll stop here then. The conure was a trigger pull that I’m glad I did so it is what it is. I’m unsure about a Macaw thats a big bird that needs allot of big things. And i think my house would need one more size up for it.
Sorry, I did not mean to act like the bird police :laugh: Just looking out for your birds and you! :)

Yeah a macaw does need a lot of big things and a lot of them too- I think Burt and his stuff take up more room than me and all my junk lol.

Chandler101

Meeting neighbors
Sorry, I did not mean to act like the bird police :laugh: Just looking out for your birds and you! :)

Yeah a macaw does need a lot of big things and a lot of them too- I think Burt and his stuff take up more room than me and all my junk lol.
I bet he does, beautiful birds no doubt.