• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bosco's vet visit.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The other day went wonderful! He was such a good boy. He's been seen by my vets at work a few times for general exams, weight checks and nail trims(can't do it alone with him being untamed he's so twitchy and I want to get it done quicker for less stress on him) vs my tamed Conures I taught them to lay on their backs and I did it myself every 2 weeks) But in Bosco's case that's not possible at the moment sadly.

But he did so good for this exam after the initial panic while he had to be caught once he was safely in the towel he calmed down and behaved like a perfect gentleman didn't even scream or try to bite and stayed calm and chill which was a big relief for me. Everything on external exam was perfect and she had no concerns his weight was 49.50 grams but he also hadn't eaten that much yet that day so I wasn't surprised that it was a bit lower than his previous weight in Sept(Since's he's not tame much to my paranoia I can't weigh him every day like I could my previous birds so it does eat away at me having such big gaps between checking his weight) but he was 51 grams last time so he's clearly staying the same and has a wonderful healthy appetite.

We did a gram stain on him just for good measure not because she was concerned about anything but since he came from a pet store she wanted to cover all the bases and I was A Ok with that. He's had 2 fecals run through my clinic but since we were there anyway, I had another one run since we were doing the gram stain anyway.

Happily they both came back perfectly normal,he also got his nails done which was lovely and a nice help since they were getting a smidge long but nothing terrible. The pricing was absolutely fabulous as well I got all that done for only $180 which was nice to see. Everyone at the clinic was so excited to meet him! He was like a little celeb-birdie. Everyone was cooing over how handsome he was and his big, adorable eyes and stunning rich shades of blue. Linnies are clearly an uncommon species to see even at a board certified avian clinic.
Here he is looking so adorable while we were waiting for the doctor to come back.
Bosco at vet.jpg

Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I love that little bit of silver in his eyes, too. :heart:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He’s such an exquisite little creature! :xflove:

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
He’s adorable :xflove:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
So gorgeous and vibrant!

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
Beautiful color!

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's just so perfect! Is he a linie?

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
He is so adorable! :heart: :heart:
Ummm did I read your post correctly that your conures are trained to lay on their backs for a nail trim???
:wow: Now that is impressive!!!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh yes,I worked hard to get them used to it so trimming their nails would be a breeze to do alone. Nala and Zazu were perfect angels for it .Tobias was a bit wriggly but still fine to do alone.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
He is so darn cute!

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
What an absolute gorgeous feather baby!!!