• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Booker is coming HOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

As some of you may know, I have a very large, very special morgan gelding who has really had some rough patches in his life resulting from spending 15 months with an abusive trainer. Last summer we had sent him to a horse whisperer and he was able to at least get Booker back to his original self. We then gave him an entire year off to be a pasture ornament and just be doted and loved on.

Well, a very kind and generous friend who owns a farm that is close to me has offered to house Booker for the summer! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it, I'll be able to see him every weekend, and frequently during the week as well since I just so happen to have a very easy class schedule for this summer :D
Booker is fully ridable...but because of his past, I've never actually been up on his back. I've been waiting 8 years to ride him. Linda has assured me this summer that not only will I be riding him, but I might also be showing him! Probably not at actual shows...but I'm thinking Booker and I are going to rock the egg and spoon ;)
Anyway, pictures to come soon! I tried to snap a few of him last night when I was out at my parents, but all of the sudden he decided he was terrified of the camera. We had some bad weather roll through and the outdoor horses were loose in the barn aisle, so I didn't want to get them all riled up running up and down the barn aisle because Booker's name at home is "The Instigator" :p

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
that is great news!

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
How exciting!!! :dance4:

I can't wait to see photos! I miss horses SOOOO much. One day I'll have enough money to start riding again... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.