• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bonka Bird Spoon Delight toy safe?

Pepebirdie

Walking the driveway
I have a question about whether this toy is safe or not. I thought that this might be the thread to post my question? Is the bonka bird spoon delight toy safe for parrots? The description says it's stainless steel but there are a few reviews that claim it's not. A few people say the spoons are some other metal.Does anyone have experience with this toy?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you add a link to the toy?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't have any experience with that particular toy, but the complaints in the review suggest that it's not for any bird cockatiel sized or larger because they start chewing on the chain and pulling the links--which come apart. Also, that the chain and link are nickel coated, not stainless steel.

It might be OK for budgies or lovebirds?

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I would not buy this toy for any bird. The links don’t look welded and I would highly question if it is stainless steel just based on the reviews.

Jan has welded stainless steel toys that many members here can vouch for.

Stainless Steel Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys

Pepebirdie

Walking the driveway
I would not buy this toy for any bird. The links don’t look welded and I would highly question if it is stainless steel just based on the reviews.

Jan has welded stainless steel toys that many members here can vouch for.

Stainless Steel Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Thanks. I would love to buy Blu's bird toys but the problem is that I live in Hawaii so shipping is always super expensive... But I will definitely look into it. They look so cool and fun for the birds.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thanks. I would love to buy Blu's bird toys but the problem is that I live in Hawaii so shipping is always super expensive... But I will definitely look into it. They look so cool and fun for the birds.
If her cart seems high on shipping, send her a message. Shipping a few small stainless steel toys to Hawaii should not be expensive if you can keep it under 1 lb of weight. I ship a Bongo Box there every month for $10 with priority shipping; for first class I can usually do about $7.