• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

bonding with others than yourself

derek

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Derek
i was reading a post in the cockatiel section about a members bird going to the male in family than her self then it it clicked i wonder if it comes down to what sex the breeder was i wonder if H/R birds that are raised by males go more for male owners same goes for female breeders then H/R birds go for female owners more just putting it out there
post your views here

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jingo's breeder was female, and prefers Josh over me :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I don't think that is the case..I think they go to whoever they like...though Sam's breeder was female..her husband was the primary care giver of the little birds..He would hand feed them. Sam was very bonded to him and he almost did not want to give her up. And Sam is definitely a daddy's girl though she loves me too..

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I have all males and 3 of which are fascinated with my husband.

kitkat44

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Katlin
I agree who they pick is probably not related to the breeder. I've been around baby birds that were raised by one person, and a couple loved me over them. I feel like its just who they pick. They may not even like the breeder, or have a bond. They are just the source of food. Amarillo also did not want to go back the lady that raised him when I was holding him and tried to nip at her and get away. Interesting question though.