• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bonding Advice

Tracy Jamieson

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Tracy Jamieson
Well I couldn't make up my mind between a male and female, so got them both. They are in separate cages and I take each out separately and spend about 30 minutes with each one on my shoulder in the morning before work. Sometimes I'll put both on my shoulder. They seem to really like each other when they are together on my shoulder. Then when they are in their respective cages, they screech to each other.

My question is, do I have a chance with what I've described above, of establishing a good bond with each one? They were hand raised and are 13 and 14 weeks old, respectively.

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
You should have a good chance of bonding with both parrots, as long as you're providing each of them with individual attention. Keeping them in separate cages and individual out-of-cage time will both help.

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
We love pictures here! :fairy:

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Out of my 7 Quakers,Only 2 are in same cage.Even thou they are bonded to each other,they still will interact with me.

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Thank you for telling me, I had no idea.
If you notice the blue tabs at the top of each thread, you can see sometimes what people might be referring to. In this case it's posted in "Quaker Causeway" :)