• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Boing repair

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Where did you get the repair stuff & what is it?! Do you think a budgie could bite through it?

I just tried, unsuccessfully, to get rid of the loose ends on Pistachio & Marzipan's ring swing. They had/ have the orange 6". 77-Ring Swing 5"/6"

Every time I try to introduce it, Pistachio pulls & tugs the loose ends & eats thread. :wtf: He doesn't just preen or play with it. It's out of there in minutes. I literally just finished making itty, bitty braids & saw him dexterously undo them, completely ignoring my telling him not to, in under 5 minutes.

So I had to remove it again. Now he's pouting in a corner. They're supposed to be in bed. This thread is very timely!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Very nice!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oh my goodness looking great! :starshower1:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ohh nice! the chemist I get my vet wrap from only ever has brown or blue. I must tell them they need to order in different and exciting colors! I love the purple one :)

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Great to know, thank you. I always wondered if it was similar to the wrap that people use for an injury to sticks to itself...have never actually seen vet wrap, now will keep an eye out for it...love those colours!!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you! The Amazon link says currently unavailable. I will try to scout some out locally. I've only ever seen blue, green or pink, on my & other people's pets, now that I know what it is & have made that connection.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So I went to the local tack store, where there were so many colours of vet wrap! I picked up orange and purple & modified Pistachio's ring swing. Here it is! Pardon the fuzzy picture; the camera wanted to focus on the cage. He's noticed that I altered it & already tried unsuccessfully to remove the vet wrap.

Ring Swing.JPG

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
So I went to the local tack store, where there were so many colours of vet wrap! I picked up orange and purple & modified Pistachio's ring swing. Here it is! Pardon the fuzzy picture; the camera wanted to focus on the cage. He's noticed that I altered it & already tried unsuccessfully to remove the vet wrap.

View attachment 377909
Nice job!