• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT Boing boing boing

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I always give you guys first crack at things before I put them out on the open market (they don't last long)

Apple tree ladder boings. 12" diameter. 6" wide. Stainless steel wire. Aluminum crimps. $45.00 each CAD.
IMG_5639.jpg IMG_5640.jpg

Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
What would shipping be like to 96792 (Hawaii)?
I can totally see your crew fighting over the rights to sit on that awesome swing. :lol:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I always give you guys first crack at things before I put them out on the open market (they don't last long)

Apple tree ladder boings. 12" diameter. 6" wide. Stainless steel wire. Aluminum crimps. $45.00 each CAD.
View attachment 324685 View attachment 324686
hi John! Any chance you could make the circumference a little bigger? If you can make one about 18" I'll order it right now! Please let me know! !!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
hi John! Any chance you could make the circumference a little bigger? If you can make one about 18" I'll order it right now! Please let me know! !!
Well a bit of a problem there. The SS rods I use come in 3ft lengths. When bent that’s the maximum circle I can make (12”). I can make them bigger but that would require a splice (weak spot) in the circle somewhere. I have to experiment a bit and see how it works.

I can make them bigger with SS cable but then they are not rigid enough to stay in a circle. It’s more like string and they would all floppy.

I used all my material making the existing ladders and boings. Have to collect more material first.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Well a bit of a problem there. The SS rods I use come in 3ft lengths. When bent that’s the maximum circle I can make (12”). I can make them bigger but that would require a splice (weak spot) in the circle somewhere. I have to experiment a bit and see how it works.

I can make them bigger with SS cable but then they are not rigid enough to stay in a circle. It’s more like string and they would all floppy.

I used all my material making the existing ladders and boings. Have to collect more material first.
Ok. I just thought I'd ask. I wanted one for Milly, my new baby! If you can put one together just let me know and I'll grab it! Thanks John!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Ok. I just thought I'd ask. I wanted one for Milly, my new baby! If you can put one together just let me know and I'll grab it! Thanks John!
I am going to make a larger beefier version. Another aspect is that is only compresses a certain amount (and still bounce back to round) to get in a box. Much bigger box unfortunately. Wait for it.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I am going to make a larger beefier version. Another aspect is that is only compresses a certain amount (and still bounce back to round) to get in a box. Much bigger box unfortunately. Wait for it.
beefy sounds good to me!!! Please tag me when it becomes available. Thanks again John!!!

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
The shipping is $20. Not too bad. :)
John,

Is that $20 CAD? if so send a send me a PayPal invoice and I'll pay asap, if not give me a month and I'll buy. I'm on a monthly toy budget :( as this month's overtime goes into the vet budget. Next month is toys.

Do you think the wood Is thick enough to drill a bolt so I can add hardware to use as a cage topper or could you it for an additional cost?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
John,

Is that $20 CAD? if so send a send me a PayPal invoice and I'll pay asap, if not give me a month and I'll buy. I'm on a monthly toy budget :( as this month's overtime goes into the vet budget. Next month is toys.

Do you think the wood Is thick enough to drill a bolt so I can add hardware to use as a cage topper or could you it for an additional cost?
You can drill holes in the wood.

If you don’t hang it from the loops the ring is not that stiff. It’s rather springy. If you rest it on it’s bottom it will sag and if a bird lands on top of it they will slowly bend it flat. (Unless we’re talking Budgies) It’s really meant as a hanging boing. For what you want it would need a much heavier ring inside the wood.

yes the shipping is $20 CAD to Hawaii.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
PM sent...I would like one or possibly two

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Received on Friday, a big Mahalo to @JLcribber for the fantastic work. Not too big or small, a perfect fit for my GCC Watson. A good fit for his cage and alternative to a ladder as everything must hang low in his cage due to his seizures.

We did some supervised play today outside of cage as he tends to panic when something new is put in his cage. I did not specify that I needed something suitable for a conure but he can comfortably grasp the rungs or just perch and relax.

John, once again Mahalo for your solid and well made creation.
IMG_20200118_1454093.jpg IMG_20200118_1454282.jpg
Upright/side views.
IMG_20200118_1455210.jpg IMG_20200118_1455077.jpg
Big W doing a quality check and telling me to get to work to save up for his bath table.