• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Body language questions

snapandrew

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sammi
Hi everyone! It's been a LONG time since I've posted here! I first posted when I got my first bird, well now... I have 5 haha. I recently got a sun conure, he's now 10 and a half weeks. He's been doing really well overall, very gentle and sweet, but I had a few questions about body language. First, when he's with me he does this thing where his wings twitch a little bit as he makes a chattering sound, anyone have an idea as to what this means? Also, when I give him scritches or I rub his cheeks his head feathers puff up, I imagine it's a good sign, just wanted to be sure.

Thanks

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
Hi! The feather fluffing during scratches should be normal, since my conure also fluffs up when he is really relaxed, but for the wing twitch, you should probably get a video of it if you can, because I'm not really sure what you are talking about. :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The wing twitch could be a baby thing that they do when they want some food, loving or reassurance but I’m not certain without seeing it so a video would be helpful.
The head feather fluffing while scritching is a good thing- kind of like a sign that it feels great and your bird is loving it.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Awww that’s a happy content looking little baby!
That behaviour looks normal to me.

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
I was unable to watch the video, but from your description it sounds like a normal behavior for a baby.

Char.bird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Charlotte
So cute and from what I can see in the video it looks normal and my bird sometimes do tiny wing movements too.

sunnysara

Meeting neighbors
I wasn't able to get much wing twitching, but is the behavior in this video normal?
He is only 10 weeks.

Adorable!! My 9 week old sun does the same thing! Is he already weaned? My girl doesn't want to eat in her own ‍♀

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
He is so adorable!! My Bailey who is 13 weeks old has just learned to turn over onto his back, and that is what yours reminds me of. Leaning over to the side...now bailey is constantly flipping over.

Would not be surprised if your baby started doing it soon too.

:heart: :heart: