• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bobbie, a Phoenix Rescue Jenday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Walking the driveway
Thought you might enjoy pics of Bobbie letting me help with her pins...

Here she is playing with a bell:
Eating a treat:
Letting me wipe her beak:
Looking cuuuuute:
Earlier, I believe last month or so, she had rubbed her feathers off around her ears (on the left side)...but thankfully, I caught it and realized that she's a bit OCD about rubbing, put some Aloe Vera (plant) on it and the feathers have grown back. She has nothing hard in the cage anymore other than soft wood blocks to chew and continues to have the freedom to get to where she wants. She's still a bit nervous and flighty and doesn't seem to like men at all. :rofl::hug8:
She's gotten used to the noise of the vacuumm cleaner and doesn't take off anymore when I turn it on. She's still a hoochy mama when it comes to dancing and the slightest rhymth can get her going. She tolerates the other birds and doesn't attack for blood.

Enjoy!:dancing::dancing:

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
So cute!

I see you're near me! I'm in Baltimore too :D

gayla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
HELLO!! :) Very cute photos.

Phoenix

Walking the driveway
So cute!

I see you're near me! I'm in Baltimore too :D
That's great!...:laughing12:

Gayla...on her terms dear, on her terms. She doesn't bite, but she will move away. When she wants to be with me, she flies to where I am (usually in the other room) and hangs with me. Not that much snuggly...but she has her moments. :heart:

Thugluv: Thanks!:dance5:

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Awww she's adorable!! A Jenday was the first type of Conure I wanted... then I learned about their noise :( I live in an apartment and don't think a Jenday would work well here.

Carbon

Walking the driveway
Awww she's adorable!! A Jenday was the first type of Conure I wanted... then I learned about their noise :( I live in an apartment and don't think a Jenday would work well here.
Check out the link in my signature. I solved the noise problem once and for all :)

I live in an apartment complex and none of my neighbors knows I have a conure teeeheee.

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Check out the link in my signature. I solved the noise problem once and for all :)

I live in an apartment complex and none of my neighbors knows I have a conure teeeheee.
And that really works??
Where do you find such sheets?? Does your sun scream at all and it's just absorbed? Or just doesn't scream at all? Did you have to sound proof the entire room or just the corner as the article says? What if it screams when you are not home and cannot turn the cage around??
Does your conure chew on the sound proof blankets?
It certainly would work in an apartment where I cannot permanently affix anything to the walls....
Hmmm... you've given me food for thought....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.