• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Boarding or adopting out a Parrolette

Dale Felton

Moving in
Real Name
Dale Felton
I am moving to Bullhead Az. next spring and I am trying to find some one in that area that can take care of my Parrolette,named Boo,when I go on vacation.I currently live in Orange County Ca. and I would like to know if there is any one in my area that would want to adopt him if I cannot take him with me.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Poor little Boo, I hope you can take him along. Luckily parrotlets are pretty quiet so an apartment shouldn't be too difficult to move into with a little one.

I am not close to your area, but I do hope you find a good pet sitter and that you can keep Boo with his flock when you move.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I actually found a wonderful sitter on Care.com. You can also try contacting your local vet offices to see if they know of boarders/pet sitters.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Dale :starshower1:

Good look finding a sitter :)

laracroft

Strolling the yard
Good luck finding a sitter! I don't know of any legal reasons you wouldn't be able to take a parrotlet within the US, are you worried about that or logistics? As for the sitter, I'd second the advice to check with local vets, in my experience they will often offer boarding for a reasonable price. You could also look up local bird groups and see if anyone in them does boarding.