• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blu's Other Person & Future Parront

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
I think I've made a good choice as to who gets Blu in my will. Actually I think Blu made the choice. This is my 16 year old granddaughter. She's the only other family member Blu will let handle him like I do. He adores Hannah.
1224172008b.jpg 1223171904.jpg 1224172008a.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Lucky Hannah and lucky Blu! :xflove: Their interactions must be so fun and rewarding to watch! :heart:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It's comforting to know he picked someone in your family... she's a very pretty young lady!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
What a gorgeous pair they will make!
Must be a good feeling to know he is staying in your family.

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
They're so nice together and good on you for working and thinking through such things.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I know it feels good to have a person dedicated to your birds welfare line up for when she is needed.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
It is awesome how well they get along. Jesse is that way with my daughter. However he could never live with her, nor would I. As much as I love her, she lives with 9 cats, 3 who are feral. The males spray everywhere, even though all the cats have been fixed. Some of the cats actual urinate on the furniture, including the beds. I don't even like visiting her at home, and my mom lives there too.

They do clean the multitude of litterboxes at least twice a day. It is just the cats are out of control.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They look so cute together!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They look like they made fast friends! I think if the pics proove a long standing friendship, you made a great decision on the will! Will she be able to handle the work involved to take proper care of him? That'd be my only other question w/ that decision.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What a good feeling knowing you've made such a perfect decision for Blu's continued journey later on in life. I agonize over what's going to happen to my flock. My kids would take some, but they're so involved in their own lives that I have concerns they wouldn't have the best lives, diet-wise and activity-wise.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hannah looks to be the perfect choice! Blue certainly looks to be content in her company :)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well that's awesome. One thing you don't have to worry about when you eventually leave this plain of existence. They look like fast friends and he will have a continuation of the life he knows ad loves.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's wonderful that Blu loves Hannah. Good looking pair! I'm sure you will be around for a long time and maybe by that time your grand daughter will have a home and family and Blu will slip right in. :)

I don't have any future plans but wish I could figure it out. The chances of both my husband and myself passing before Gigi would be pretty strange. My son lives half time in Japan and my daughter is a little busy with 5 kids, 2 dogs, 2 goats, a bunny, 8 chickens... Spoiled rotten Gigi would not do well at the bottom of that list.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I'm so happy for everyone! Judging from your pic though, it will be another 35 or 40 years before Blu and Hannah move in together. You're smart to plan so far ahead!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If I die before Buddy everything goes to my daughter right now. Unless something changes in time. She will be the 3rd generation in my family to own him. I think she'd step up & do right by him to care & feed him. He'll teach her how to be more patient w/ that Zon beak. ;)

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
Hannah has never been nervous around any animal. She was riding horses and mules with me before she could walk. As she got older she would walk right into our herd of horses and they would all wait to be petted by her. She would get on any of them and I've never seen one buck or act up with her. She has 3 dogs of her own and has them very well trained. Animals and small children are just naturally drawn to her. This is her at 2 years old Shadow2.JPG riding fence with me.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some people are just naturally drawn to animals & animals to them. It sounds like your Grandaughter was born w/ this very unique gift! She'll be a better rounded & stronger person because of all the lessons they teach her in life.

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Sorry slight sidetrack. (I can't figure out how to quote on the new updated AA, sorry, so not meaning to hijack. This refers to OK Mike's photo comment)

I love your buddy saddle!
I may need to get one/I didn't know they made them.
Usually if little enough, tots have to be in front but if too big, they only fit behind on the horse's blanket/saddle shirt/actually rump etc. Sometimes I end up ponying them or having them ride alone while I lead but your buddy saddle fixes those issues. The little ones don't always have enough strength or balance to ride like below or completely alone if they aren't on a horse regularly.
Love your horse and cute photos and thanks for sharing/buddy saddle idea.

19787203_1762837633743741_9052426302739580709_o.jpg 19780683_1762863617074476_9028545378901277596_o.jpg