• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blurred Eye (or cataract?) -ALBs 2

ASkyBlue

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone!! I’m just new here and so happy to be in this community! HNY btw

I just have a quick question about my ALbs (2 I think), I don’t really know any bird vet in our place so I tried my luck and search for online aviary community and I hope you can help me.

Blue (my bird’s name), one if her eye is kinda blurry or I’m thinking it’s a cataract and a little bit bulgy. I tried searching and I think one of her eye is already bulgy from the start so maybe it’s a defect. but the blurry vision I noticed it about 2nd quarter of last year. d oyou think I can treat this or give her vitamins.. i’m not really sure.

TIA whoever has the time to share their knowledge. 65157036-C1D2-4AD8-A82A-C3BD56E73F82.png

ASkyBlue

Hi everyone!! I’m just new here and so happy to be in this community! HNY btw

I just have a quick question about my ALbs (2 I think), I don’t really know any bird vet in our place so I tried my luck and search for online aviary community and I hope you can help me.

Blue (my bird’s name), one if her eye is kinda blurry or I’m thinking it’s a cataract and a little bit bulgy. I tried searching and I think one of her eye is already bulgy from the start so maybe it’s a defect. but the blurry vision I noticed it about 2nd quarter of last year. d oyou think I can treat this or give her vitamins.. i’m not really sure.

TIA whoever has the time to share their knowledge. View attachment 420440
PS. She is healthy, im just concern about her eye

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
welcome to the forum. :)

Im not sure can consider healthy until a veterinarian exam. There are other things that can cause eye issues . Eyes are always a veterinarian thing. To important to specialized.

But I nudge you towards giving the cage a good clean.

And work on improving diet. To include leafy greens like romaine lettuce, Swiss chard, and vitamin A rich foods like orange bell pepper, all peppers are a good source , cooked sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots and other veggies, a few fruits like pomegranates, blackberry and blueberries. And pellets. Aa a seed only diet is lacking vital nutrients. Especially many vitamins.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
What country and area are you in? Members may be able to help you locate a vet in your area.

ASkyBlue

Im not sure can consider healthy until a veterinarian exam. There are other things that can cause eye issues . Eyes are always a veterinarian thing. To important to specialized.

And work on improving diet. To include leafy greens like romaine lettuce, Swiss chard, and vitamin A rich foods like orange bell pepper, all peppers are a good source , cooked sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots and other veggies, a few fruits like pomegranates, blackberry and blueberries. And pellets. Aa a seed only diet is lacking vital nutrients. Especially many vitamins.

hi!! thank you for answering back. oh yeah, sorry this picture of the cage she’s in is not hers. (quick back story) she just flew earlier today and someone got her and kept her for the meantime until we get her back and thought of using this picture wc cleary shows her eye.. her own cage is clean :)

but thnak you for the diet advice!! will definitely try that and yeah hope to really find vet so she can be checked. maybe it’s a good thought of not only feeding them seed.

ASkyBlue

oh apparently, iam away from my bird at the moment, but i can give infos to the one taking care of her. Blue is at the Philippines Metro Manila