• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blueberry has been diagnosed with an abdominal tumour

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
Thank you! Honestly, I can't see my life without a budgie! I am childless and single...so...my bird has always been my fid!! My boss always tells me when a package arrives at work that it must be for Blueberry! Of course...it is!

Char.bird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Charlotte
I'm so sorry for this diagnoses, hopefully hes doing better today.:sadhug2:

Keetie!

Real Name
Joanne
:budgie2: I had a wonderful weekend with Blueberry. He flew to me, because he wanted to take his bath! GREAT right! He also ate his Saturday breakfast...eggs and toast. He also played on top of his cage and flew on his favorite swing. He does get tired easily...but I am so grateful! I don't know the future with this possible tumour issue, but I am enjoying every chirp that I hear!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so happy that you two had such a fun weekend! Wonderful memories being made :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You and Mr. Blueberry are doing just what you need to do. Memories of good times are a treasure for us with our family and he is certainly your family. Joanne I send you many cyber hugs.

Keetie!

Real Name
Joanne
Great News!!!! :flowgdnc: Blueberry doesn't have a tumour!!!! He had two x-rays from a great Avian Vet that told me that it isn't fluid build-up...he is overweight! We traveled only one hour away to this new center! Blueberry has been depressed the last two months. I didn't know why...it must of been due to his lack of exercise, even though his cage is open all day and he has plenty to keep his beak busy! I moved one of his favorite toys on his boing swing to get him out of the cage. He did great at this new avian vet. He had two x-rays, this skilled clinician gave no anesthesia and we drove back home (one hour away) like a champ. He is on a diet from his doctor to reduce his weight. I am helping him get more interested in working out. He is fat...I thought it was fluid!
BUT NO TUMOUR! The exotic vet got it wrong! That is the reason an avian vet is a must!!! HOORAH!!!

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Great News!!!! :flowgdnc: Blueberry doesn't have a tumour!!!! He had two x-rays from a great Avian Vet that told me that it isn't fluid build-up...he is overweight! We traveled only one hour away to this new center! Blueberry has been depressed the last two months. I didn't know why...it must of been due to his lack of exercise, even though his cage is open all day and he has plenty to keep his beak busy! I moved one of his favorite toys on his boing swing to get him out of the cage. He did great at this new avian vet. He had two x-rays, this skilled clinician gave no anesthesia and we drove back home (one hour away) like a champ. He is on a diet from his doctor to reduce his weight. I am helping him get more interested in working out. He is fat...I thought it was fluid!
BUT NO TUMOUR! The exotic vet got it wrong! That is the reason an avian vet is a must!!! HOORAH!!!
I can't express how happy I am to hear this! Luckily it's easier for budgies to lose weight because they are already smoll beans.

Keetie!

Real Name
Joanne
He got to be a perch potato...How this happened....I don't really know. I was given the wrong diagnosis and I was so focused on pellet conversion/more veggies etc. Again...an avian vet is the only way to go! I wasted $$$ and got the wrong information from the exotic vet. I have to travel to this avian vet, but really and hour and a little away isn't bad at all! Would you believe that the visit and the two x-rays only cost me $154.00! So HAPPY!
Now I have to help him with the depression and the weight gain. He has so many things to play with and I rotated a bunch of toys this morning!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That is wonderful and it is so very treatable. I know I sound like a broken record, but a lean diet and EXERCISE are critical to your bird's heath - that means from the tiniest Parrotlett to the largest macaw.

A lean diet and lots of exercise will keep them healthier and extend their life.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Wonderful news! :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Fantastic news!!! :loveshower:

Keetie!

Real Name
Joanne
Thanks to all of you! I went home at lunch and I do think he is depressed. I can't do any more than I have been doing. I left some music of Budgies in the Wild sounds for him to listen to until I come home. He is so quiet. The avian vet said he is fine, just overweight.:(