• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blueberry also decided to gift me! (Again it’s not poop)

cheekypie

Walking the driveway
Blueberry gave me a beautiful tail feather. She unfortunately hates me so she only gave me one lol. I love the white and blue mix, reminds me of winter. It’s unfortunate I only get one but I’m still excited!

Attachments

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
The feather gifts are so wonderful!!! I too keep getting them :bliss: A few weeks ago, Neelu gave me a feather less than a cm long:omg:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Do you think wet bird smell good? :cautious::confused::depressed:
I just let the feathers dry first if they were wet :rofl:
l have 2 bags, one for normal feathers and one for tiny cheek feathers :lol:

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I get most of my feather gifts in fall and spring. I collect them in a little cup. Sometimes I’ll take them out and Caroline loves “preening” the feathers.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
The title made me laugh !

Beautiful feather :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You should really include ¨also not an egg¨ in the title as that is always the first thing I think of :lol:

She unfortunately hates me so she only gave me one lol.
:coffeescreen: lol this made me laugh. Maybe tomorrow or later today she will drop the other one...

Then it goes in the trash
What?! :eek: You must save them!!!

I keep mine in a bag lol
Good!! :bliss:
I used to save mine in a bag... but once I got Lapis I couldn´t put her feathers with her parents´ because they were so similar. I bought little boxes to store them all in with their names on :D

I just let the feathers dry first if they were wet :rofl:
Same. But if they are really messed up or the quills ar already broken, I let them keep them to play with.

BirdWorld

I love the colors of the feather! I got a tail feather from my budgie Blinky a while ago. Love those :heart:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I love the colors of the feather! I got a tail feather from my budgie Blinky a while ago. Love those :heart:
I love long budgie tail feathers!

Most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Kiwi and Blizzard's tail feathers, but I have noticed that Blizzard has a noticeably shorter tail than Kiwi.

BirdWorld

Most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Kiwi and Blizzard's tail feathers, but I have noticed that Blizzard has a noticeably shorter tail than Kiwi.
Maybe soon Kiwi will molt his tail, get a duck butt, and grow back his feathers twice as long as Blizzard’s, just to prove you wrong! :roflmao:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Maybe soon Kiwi will molt his tail, get a duck butt, and grow back his feathers twice as long as Blizzard’s, just to prove you wrong! :roflmao:
Mine only molt one tail feather at a time :lol:

Kiwi's tail is at least 2 cm longer than Blizzard's, she has a stumpy little tail lol

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Pi has dropped his tail a few times, but he his current tail is stained from toy dye! He has a long tail and he gets it into everything. He even sleeps with it sticking out of his cage. LOL!

cheekypie

Walking the driveway
:coffeescreen: lol this made me laugh. Maybe tomorrow or later today she will drop the other one...
Hopefully but she just straight up hates me lol, she bites me very, very often and does NOT hold back on force

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hopefully but she just straight up hates me lol, she bites me very, very often and does NOT hold back on force
You may want to try working with her to get the biting under control. Though you may find yourself in a similar position to me and Aldora. She would bite me if I let her/ignores her warnings. We have a mutual understanding and I haven´t been bit in years. Funnily, she´s a softie with my partner, yet he never feeds them, cleans cages, or interacts as much as I do. She doesn´t bite him, he can even put his fingers through the cages bars!