• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue vs. Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julsiebean

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Julie
Please forgive me, as I am sure this has been asked many times. I dug a few pages back and did a google search but nothing on this forum came up.

I will be getting a male Quaker from my female Juniper's first clutch. She is paired with a blue, so I am hoping for a blue boy.

What are the notable, if any, differences in Blues and Greens?

Please feel free to link me elsewhere.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Color haha that's about it from what I know. My friend had a cinnamon green quaker and he was a doll (RIP--Very tragic) she took home her new baby blue a few days ago. He's super sweet too.

Tomsde

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tom Santomartino
I think the blue Quakers are quite striking, my guess would be that there wouldn't be any difference except for coloration like any other parrot species.

purplekat61

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kat
None other than color! The blues are beautiful that's for sure! You could end up with a green with blue mix also! Also very interesting!

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I love the yellows & the (?)creaminos !!! But any old color baby could waddle up to me, give me some lovin', & that's the one I'd take home :heart:

Julsiebean

Real Name
Julie
Fabulous! Good to know, I've read blues are sweeter and talk less etc. Wasn't sure. Thanks guys!

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Quakers in general I do not believe are known for talking. All of the ones I have met (minus a couple babies I am helping handfeed) can say 1 - 3 words or phrases and that's about it. Usually its like hi, hello, and pretty bird. They can talk but its not as likely as say some types of conures.

All quakers I have met are really sweet tho! Even the ones that have had a bad past still seem to want to just cuddle with you. Awesome birds IMO.

Julsiebean

Real Name
Julie
My female talks, and every quaker I've come across said something. On every site I have ever read quakers are pretty famous for their ability to talk and mimic. Obviously, they aren't like african greys but it is pretty impressive!

For the record, I don't care about talking ability, it was just something I read on a Quaker site.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Quakers in general I do not believe are known for talking. All of the ones I have met (minus a couple babies I am helping handfeed) can say 1 - 3 words or phrases and that's about it. Usually its like hi, hello, and pretty bird. They can talk but its not as likely as say some types of conures.

All quakers I have met are really sweet tho! Even the ones that have had a bad past still seem to want to just cuddle with you. Awesome birds IMO.
Quakers are very well known for their talking skills. Take little Pluto for example,found this little gem on Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Like it has already been said, they are just different colors, nothing more, and nothing different between the two. Different personalities perhaps, but that is about all.

Keiko is a blue Quaker and he talks (he is one of the biggest talkers in the house), he whistles, he sings, he dances, you name it, he is a big show off. :)

Here are a few videos of Keiko:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I :heart: Keiko so much. I've wanted a Blue Quaker for years,I just think they are so adorable.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
A Quaker is a quaker is a quaker and yes they sure can talk Opey talks very well and says all sorts of things and sentences also Blueberry is talking and she is 14 weeks old her voice is lighter then Opeys but she speaks perfectly clear

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Nothing other than colour :)
I love my little cinnamon green gal! <3

Also Quakers are known for talking, although one can't guarantee their bird will talk - like with all species!
But Kyoko is an excellent talker and as picked up lots of words and usually can use them in context!

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
Snowball better watch out for Keiko--she's got the beat!

Julsiebean

Real Name
Julie
Keiko is ADORABLE! These videos drove my lovebirds INSANE LOL!!

Can't wait to bring home another quaker!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I adore the blue quakers, they are so gorgeous! My mom has said that once her household settles down and my brother moves out, she will be adopting a blue quaker from a friend who has included the bird in her will to my mother :)

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
The only difference ive been able to pick up on, is the greens have a different "noise" they make than the blue ones...And IMO, the greens seem a bit bigger in size than the blues....All the greens ive seen have been slightly bigger than Ross:cool: But that just makes him more of momma's BABY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.