• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue Fronted Amazon needing home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sookiebird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Hello group! I have done a lot a volunteering and fostering of parrots in the last few years but now have a permanent flock of a CAG and two Meyers. I took in a BFA, male, now age 5, about a year and a half ago from a dog shelter (poor guy) and need to find his (hopefully) permanent home!

Nico is beautiful, quiet for an Amazon, entertains himself, prefers a woman, and of course needs a home with a compassionate person who understands Amazon temperament and breeding cycling behavior. He does come with a large Kings cage and stand and has been to a vet and DNA-sexed. (Rehoming fee of $275) He loves his head scratches and with his favorite person he enjoys being handled:).

I will not let him go to a home with a smoking environment (cig smoke is terrible for their lungs!) and he needs to be in a home with an adult female caregiver (if you have a teenage daughter he may bond with her so one female in the home would be best). He gets on well with other birds and pets.

His new owner needs to have the funds for routine vet visits and be passionate about providing an enriching environment for Nico---Amazons need to stay busy so they don't become perch potatoes:).

We are in Asheville NC. I have pictures I can send.

Thanks guys!

birdnerd4@yahoo.com

Last edited:

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
I can't take her, but I hope she finds a good home!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you find him a nice home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.